We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shelborne or Confidante?

San Francisco...
4 posts
Shelborne or Confidante?
Save

Looking to spend a long weekend as a couple and have narrowed hotels down to the Shelborne or the Confidante. Priority is a great pool with enough chairs and a bar/restaurant. Must be clean, and hopefully quiet with comfortable beds and good service.

Any advice/opinions?

1 reply
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
18 reviews
127 helpful votes
1. Re: Shelborne or Confidante?
Save

Hey Flyer from SFO,

Two lady friends of mine just stayed at the Shelborne and loved it. I know they hung out at the pool and beach as their priority. In full disclosure, we have stayed at many of the hotels near Shelborne but never Shelborne.

I get it your priority is pool and chairs... and a bar. You also mention the restaurant which quite frankly, you may want to rethink. Some two blocks away from Shelborne is Lincoln Road.... take a right and two blocks starts Lincoln Road Mall where you'll have many restaurants, as well as shops, bars, great peoples watching, and much more. You will find far more choices, and most likely better food at lower prices, than what you might find at any hotel restaurant (there are obviously exceptions).

The Confidante, which I know NOTHING about, is on 40th Street which is some two miles north of what is generally considered South Beach. I am sure it is a nice hotel... however you will not find nearly as many places in easy walking distance. I would consider Confidante only if you absolutely plan on spending most of your time at the pool and beach, and not so interested in outside restaurants... which is certainly not a wrong decision - just different than what your experience would be like if you stayed at Shelborne or any other South Beach hotel for that matter.

Other hotels you might consider include Surfcomber and the National. If money is not an option, check out Delano.

MHO,

SBF

Reply to: Shelborne or Confidante?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.