We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing plans for South Beach Vacation

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
Changing plans for South Beach Vacation
Save

We were heading to The Betsy at the end of April for a few days before driving down the keys. Rethinking the Miami stay now with the crowds, high crime, etc. I know spring break has exasperated the situation but is the pot, anything goes behavior normal all the time in this area?

6 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
53 reviews
55 helpful votes
1. Re: Changing plans for South Beach Vacation
Save

The Betsy is at the mellower northern end of the incidents you see on TV. I have never stayed there but have eaten there. Pot smell is not uncommon in Miami Beach. Try Loews just a couple of blockd away. They would not put up with nonsense and keep things in line.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Changing plans for South Beach Vacation
Save

Betsy is an excellent hotel at the north end of Ocean Drive, and spring break will be long over by then. I would not change.

Edited: March 24, 2021, 4:45 am
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
173 reviews
125 helpful votes
3. Re: Changing plans for South Beach Vacation
Save

Based on the walk I just returned from, if the smell of pot concerns you, you might not want to spend too much time in Key West! 😱

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Changing plans for South Beach Vacation
Save

What about the Lennox? I could reserve Loews or Lennox but they would both be much more expensive as I got a cyber Monday deal at the Betsy.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Changing plans for South Beach Vacation
Save

Lennox is a fine hotel, but not necessarily better than the Betsy. For the good rate you’re apparently getting, I’d stay with Betsy.

6. Re: Changing plans for South Beach Vacation

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: March 30, 2021, 5:01 am

Reply to: Changing plans for South Beach Vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.