We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLS for Birthday Weekend - Should we cancel?

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
SLS for Birthday Weekend - Should we cancel?
Save

My boyfriend and I (40s) are going to Miami Beach for the weekend of April 8-12 for my birthday.

I know there has been a lot of questions about canceling or not but I would like to ask the people who are currently there and know the place.

We booked with hotel tonight on the SLS and most likely won't get a refund.

Should we cancel?

2 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
53 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: SLS for Birthday Weekend - Should we cancel?
Save

It is a noce art deco hotel. I booked a party there just before Covid at the back pool. Some drunks broke glass in the pool and hotel drained it and put up barriers and could not care less. Sales girl was nasty. I see in the nees it happened often during this year’s spring break so hotel does not learn by barring glass. SLS Miami Beach is OK. It is a big party place but an expensive one.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: SLS for Birthday Weekend - Should we cancel?
Save

If you’re concerned about the recent spring break related news coverage, then do not cancel, the crowd will be way down by then, already is to an extent.

The SLS is known for pool parties on weekends, in case that makes a difference, but is a good hotel in a great location.

Edited: March 24, 2021, 3:27 am
Reply to: SLS for Birthday Weekend - Should we cancel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.