We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering Canceling FountainBleu Next Week?

4 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
Considering Canceling FountainBleu Next Week?
Save

My sister and I are taking our mom to FountainBleu April 1-5. We are concerned 1. Because of the recent news with crowds and curfews (I understand the hotel isn’t in curfew zone but many restaurants we plan to go to are) and 2. The FountainBleu reviews lately are not great. We are staying in a two bedroom suite ($10k) so we don’t want to throw the money away on bad service.

This is for my moms 65th bday (belated). She wants beach, sun and relaxation. Not a big partier but enjoys a few cocktails and nice food.

Question. Do we cancel and book elsewhere (outside of Miami)? Do we switch hotels? Or do we suck it up w a nice room and bad service? Postponing isn’t really an option because of work schedules.

Any advice would be great! Any one that’s stayed recently at FountainBleu or another hotel with a suite have any advice?

We are vaccinated but still cautious.

4 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
53 reviews
55 helpful votes
1. Re: Considering Canceling FountainBleu Next Week?
Save

I really hate the hotel. It is low class all around. Rebook Faena or go a bit north to St Regis or Ritz Carlton in Bsl Harbour.

In South Beach, 1 Hotel, W and Loews are goid too but they are closer to the rowdiness.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
368 posts
61 reviews
69 helpful votes
2. Re: Considering Canceling FountainBleu Next Week?
Save

I really hate to see the less than stellar reviews of this iconic hotel because I have always wanted to stay here! I am supposed to be going in September for a seminar (based at the hotel) l and was shocked to read the reviews when I was researching for the trip. I feel for you since it is for a special trip! I hope you will update us if you go! .

4 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Considering Canceling FountainBleu Next Week?
Save

Yes! We are still planning to go for now. Things look like they’ve calmed down at least a little. Honestly a lot of hotels in South Beach have some pretty negative recent reviews so I think the area just wasn’t prepared for the influx! Will update.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Considering Canceling FountainBleu Next Week?
Save

Please don’t worry too much. The Spring Break crowds are down quite a bit already. I can’t speak to the service at the Fontainebleau, but it’s a nice property on the beach and probably fine for your purpose. It’s a bit removed from restaurants/sightseeing but you can get uber/lyft/taxi to south beach about 3 miles south.

Reply to: Considering Canceling FountainBleu Next Week?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.