We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help AND roadtrip ideas

8 posts
Hotel Help AND roadtrip ideas
Save

I'll be there April 3-6. It will be myself (female) with two kids 7 and 11. I've scoured this forum and tons of other places but man are the reviews a little sketchy seeming. I've narrowed it down to these hotels but can't pick between them.

Loews

Royal Palm

Shelborne

Nautilus by Arlo

Kimpton Surfcomber

The Confidante

Grand Beach

Cadillac

I'm looking for something CLEAN, beachfront, able to walk (5-10 minutes) to stuff during the day, and quiet at night from within my room....if this is even possible. Maybe list your Top 3 from what I've narrowed it down to or if you stayed at one of these, tell me what you liked or didn't like. Thanks for your help!

Also, I'll be driving from Virginia. We'll be stopping in Savannah, then Miami, then Key west. From there we are driving to Orlando. Besides stopping for a night or two back in Miami, can you recommend anywhere else to stay on the way to Orlando?

Best value hotels in Miami Beach
The Standard Spa, Miami Beach
The Standard Spa, Miami Beach
#3 of 241 hotels in Miami Beach
Urbanica The Meridian Hotel
Urbanica The Meridian Hotel
#13 of 241 hotels in Miami Beach
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
#11 of 241 hotels in Miami Beach
1 reply
Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel Help AND roadtrip ideas
Save

These are all good or better hotels. The Loews stands out as the best, esp. for families, and may also be the most expensive. That would be my top choice.

Next, probably the Surfcomber, then either Shelborne or Nautilus.

The above are all on the beach, and walkable to many restaurants and shops and other activities.

However, depending on your preference, there are other factors to consider. Your dates are at the tail end of Spring Break, and this year has been unexpectedly busy, leading to early closing of restaurants etc., a bit south of your hotels. I don’t think it’ll directly impact you that much, but traffic and parking may be issues. All the hotels have expensive valet parking ($40+ per night) or you may be able to self park in a municipal garage for $20 per night). A municipal garage is across the street from Loews, and 2 to 3 blocks from Surfcomber/Shelborne/Nautilus.

The Confidante, Cadillac, Grand Beach are good hotels, on the beach, but not walkable to most things. Self parking is also least available. However, they are 2 or 3 miles north of busy south beach, and if staying in a less crowded area is a must then you may prefer one of these.

Re. on the way back, you can stay anywhere in the greater Miami area, including the mainland or the beach, or any of a number of smaller beach cities between Miami and Palm Beach, incl. Surfside, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Delray and a host of others.

Edited: March 22, 2021, 1:07 pm
Reply to: Hotel Help AND roadtrip ideas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.