We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busiest nightlife at the end of April?

6 posts
Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Hi

I'm a 33 yr old female. Me and my fellow girl friend are going for a weekend at FMB at the end of April. Both being single and in good shape we're looking for somewhere quite adult orientated where we can cut loose and party all night in our bikinis and enjoy the attention of some men, without offending families with kids etc.

I've done some research and come to the conclusion Lani Kai is the place to be for some party action. Hopefully the crowd will be a bit older as Spring Break should have finished. Am I on the right lines? Any other suggestions?

We have a choice of Fri/Sat night or Sat/Sun night. I didn't know which of Fri or Sun would be the busiest at night? Does it quieten off on Sunday?

Thanks, Anna.

US
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Lana Kai may provide a little of what you are looking for because a lot of folks go there because they can stay there a few days and don't have to commit to a week min stay. However that said, there are families that stay there as well- they have play grounds set up and things for families now.

Remember End of April is empty of spring breakers and is VERY quiet so if you are looking to go places, party all night in your bikinis as you put it- (for the first time ever)

I'm gonna say FMB may not fit your needs. It's the beginning of slow season at that time period!

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, South Beach or key west may be the party place you are looking for especially the time period you picked(it's slow down here in April!!!!) as they have night clubs etc for exactly what you are looking for-just my opinion.

Edited: 5 years ago
6 posts
2. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Thanks for your valued reply - not what I wanted to hear but good to be prepared! What about mid April rather than late... are we still looking at it being very quiet? I'd read about Lani Kai having all the locals coming in to the beach on boats to party etc.. is that just at Spring Break then?

Anna...

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
744 posts
16 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Wow Anna. I had to read your post twice. I think you should definitely look at Miami Beach if you want to party like that and find men/sugar daddy or whatever you are looking for. FMB is geared towards family. A word of advice, please be careful. You never know what could happen, especially if you have the mindset that you are going to get drunk, be in your bikini and be on the hunt for men. FMB is not the place. Yes, boats will come in to anchor, but most are with their family or girlfriends/boyfriends, not trying to score. The young college kids will be in town for spring break and mostly stay at Lani Kai, but they are collage age, not in their 30's. Again, Miami beach is the place for you.

6 posts
4. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Thanks for the concern, maybe I phrased it badly. All I'm talking about is a couple of girlfriends going out on the pull and having some fun, which happens in every city the world over... but having been to and read about beach type resorts where there are negative vibes to people who perhaps want to dress a bit less and lean more towards an adult oriented vibe, I just wanted to find the best place. As an example, I was reading on TA before about a resort in Miami where practically every negative review was from mothers who found it inappropriate that adults were dressing down in front of their kids. I realise that wouldn't go on in FMB necessarily... but I'm just being honest and realistic about what I'm expecting. It does sound like perhaps FMB is perhaps more conservative than I'd thought, maybe some of the reviews of Lani Kai that I'd read were confined to Spring Break!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
744 posts
16 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Or try Key West. Both Miami Beach and Key West are way more liberal.

US
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
56 helpful votes
6. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

From your post - terryluvsgulf is right on point! Key West, South Beach or Miami seems to fit your description of want you want.

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
53 reviews
27 helpful votes
7. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

If you are looking for a beach party or even a pool party scene, Key West is the last place you want to go. The beaches are only "ok" at best and are nothing at all like mainland Florida. They are narrow, can be very rocky and are at times strewn with rotting sea grass that can stink to high heaven. Add to that, drinking alcohol is generally prohibited on all 3 of Key West's main public beaches. There is no strip where bars and clubs line the beach landscape and in fact the couple of places actually on the beach are more restaurants than anything else. A small handful of the resorts have small private beaches but trust me there is no hard partying going on there either. You'll have a few of the guests laying out in the sun relaxing, reading, taking a dip on occasion and maybe sipping a drink or two.

Some of the resorts have pool bars but few are open to anyone but guests. There is one bar/restaurant called Dantes that has a pool for use of its patrons. During special events taking place in KW (and weekends to a much lesser extent) it can get packed and rocking. However on normal days you are as likely to end up sharing the pool with a bunch of little kids splashing around while their parents sit in the shade having a couple of cocktails or have lunch.

The party in KW normally centers around lower Duval St and the plethora of bars around there. The crowds also tend to be older (late 30's on up). That being said you'll see plenty of 40+ even 50+ year olds banging back shots and downing rum runners and mojitos like they're going out of style. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It gets rowdy sometimes even risque later at night depending on where you are but it doesn't strike me as the scene the OP is looking for. If you're looking for a beach party atmosphere stick with South Beach or maybe even Fort Lauderdale.

Edited: 5 years ago
6 posts
8. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Thanks for all the advice. It's all good to know. I've never been to Miami or Key West. Where in Key West would you class as Risqué... sounds interesting...?

US
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
56 helpful votes
9. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Anna I think you need to be inquiring in key west forums as KW or Miami/South beach/ Fort Lauderdale is more your speed.

Maria Stein, Ohio
Level Contributor
451 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
10. Re: Busiest nightlife at the end of April?
Save

Now just hold on here everyone. I'm going to take the liberty of speaking for most of the older gentlemen who will be on FMB towards the end of April and say they're quite welcome to cut loose and party in their bikinis. There will be no shortage of us men giving them attention up until around 10:00 when our wife's grab us by the ear and make us go to bed.

Party-on dudettes!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.