We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
326 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

I am looking for a one or two bedroom house, hotel or condo on the ocean or very close to the ocean, preferably with a pool I've never stayed in Rehoboth so I don't really know if there is anything like what I'm looking for. I look at pictures of the oceanfront and there seems to be a lot of places but I don't know how to find them. any help would be great.

Mentioned in this post
Avenue Inn & Spa
Avenue Inn & Spa
#2 of 27 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
#1 of 27 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Beach View Motel
Beach View Motel
#4 of 27 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
17 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

The major realtors in Rehoboth that handle rentals are

Jack Lingo

Coldwell Banker

Long and Foster

Berkshire Hathaway-Gallo

Most rentals would be weekly and most if not all oceanfront houses are giant sized with large square footage and many bedrooms. Oceanfront hotels are the Boardwalk Plaza, Atlantic Sands, Henlopen Hotel/condo

Mentioned in this post
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
1,025 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel...
650 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Henlopen Hotel
Henlopen Hotel
294 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
326 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

Thank you so much. I was hoping there were more one or two bedroom condos or houses on the beach

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

There are condos but I am not that familiar with their names. You might be able to do an oceanfront search on the websites of those realtors

monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
326 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

Thank you again. where do most people stay when they come to Rehoboth, as there seems to be limited places to stay on the ocean front? I have always stayed in Ocean City, Maryland where there are many, many condos and you had your choice of bedrooms, price and location. Do most people stay on sidestreets in houses ? My adult daughter and I wanted a different experience this time a more quiet place to vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

Star of the Sea, One Virginia Ave, Edgewater House, I know nothing about them , I'm just looking at the Visitors Guide and they are calling them oceanfront. If you didn't have oceanfront then it is a side street. If something says Coastal Hwy, that is RT 1 and not in town.

The community of North Shores, which is about a mile north of downtown and the boardwalk is very quiet and has it's own private beach. If you got on the top couple of floors of the condo, 21 Ocean Drive you would have oceanview and be across the street from the ocean. Snug Harbor, in North Shores, is on the Rehoboth -Lewes Canal and has small size accommodations and is a short walk to the beach. A lot of the houses in North Shores are extravagant but there are some older, smaller, plainer ones with lower rents. North Shores has a community pool. There are some small townhouses called the Side Villas and some other townhouses. I have a house in North Shores, that's the reason I can comment on it so much.

Rehoboth is nothing like Ocean City. I drove home that way a few weeks ago. Not the same at all.

Mentioned in this post
Lewes
Lewes
Delaware
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
676 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

Hi C-scape! If you are looking for something quieter than OC, Rehoboth may be perfect for you. There are hundreds of rentals that fit your description. You need to go through a local realtor. If you find a specific one, I’d be happy to give you my opinion of that particular building/location. I live in town.

As you can tell by looking at a map, Rehoboth is configured differently from OC, so almost anything “in town” is an easy walk to the beach. We don’t have a public shuttle and traffic can get gnarly, so in my opinion, it’s important to be within walking distance of the beach.

Star of the Sea, The Henlopen, Patrician Towers are three samples of good choices, but there are a ton of them.

Edited: February 15, 2018, 8:07 pm
Mentioned in this post
Henlopen Hotel
Henlopen Hotel
294 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

c-scape, Rehoboth is a much smaller town and therefore has a much smaller oceanfront. Ocean City is on a long, skinny barrier island and had a much larger oceanfront than Rehoboth does. That's one of the reasons why you are not seeing as much oceanfront property in Rehoboth. In recent years, my husband and I have stayed at the Oceanus Motel which is a short walk to the beach. It's not fancy, but it's well maintained, and it's great to be able to park the car for the weekend and walk everywhere. We've also stayed at the Boardwalk Plaza, which is oceanfront, and have enjoyed it, but it's significantly more expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
The Oceanus
The Oceanus
662 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
1,025 Reviews
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

I think the big difference between Ocean City and Rehoboth, in addition to the size, is that OC is more commercial and Rehoboth is residential. Houses vs condos, trees vs everything being paved over.

Mentioned in this post
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
51 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

Rehoboth is no longer a quiet town. Compared to OCMD, it is, but if you’re looking for a peaceful getaway, this is not it. Bethany is relatively quiet, while still offering beach town amenities. Another place to consider is the south end of OCNJ. Any of the streets above 50th are peaceful, and because it’s a barrier island, you’re never more than a couple blocks from the ocean.

The only location in RB even close to what you’re looking for are the condos on Virginia Ave.

Mentioned in this post
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
676 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay

I have to disagree a bit with Anthony R. While it is true that parts of town get very busy during July & August, you only have to go a couple blocks north or south to get that quiet feeling. Even in July & August, we are often the only ones on the beach when we go at 10 am. At one square mile, I believe Rehoboth is the perfect size with just the right amount of hustle and bustle for those who want that lively feeling. If I feel like town is too crowded, all I have to do is eat on the peaceful upstairs porch at Eden and I’m blissed out.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Looking for an Oceanfront place to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rehoboth Beach