We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for young family

New Jersey
Level Contributor
251 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for young family

Hi. My husband and I - along with our young children ( a 4 and 2 year old as well as a 6 month old) are thinking of renting a home this summer-most likely mid-August- with another family who have 6 year old twins. We have never been to Rehoboth, but we have heard good things. Any reccs as to areas to rent a home? We want to be within walking distance to a family- friendly beach and be near kid friendly activities ( boardwalk, etc). We do ha e a budget, but we also want to make sure that we choose a place that is suitable for our young gang.

6 replies to this topic
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
684 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for young family

The best thing is to work with a realtor or do some searches for rentals on the realty websites. There are tons of rentals that will suit you. You might want a place with a pool.

My suggestion is to discuss/agree with the other family on a general flow to your days. Example: do you plan to make all your meals at the house or go out. Your week will be more enjoyable if everyone agrees in advance. It also helps you determine what amenities you need.

A big draw for the kids is Funland which is at Delaware Ave and the Boardwalk, but you can easily walk there from any house in town. We also have free family-friendly concerts at the bandstand in the evenings, so plan on attending those!

If the houses end up being out of budget, consider Brighton Suites on Wilmington Ave.

You’re going to have a blast!

Edited: January 12, 2018, 7:54 pm
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for young family

North Shores is a very family friendly neighborhood. The whole community is walkable to the community's private beach. There is also a small playground and a pool. The streets are lightly traveled so you frequently see young children riding bikes or skateboards . It is a mile north of the boardwalk. You would probably want to drive up town for activities though.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for young family

Hi! Rehoboth Beach is a great option for your family. You can view accommodations, things to do and more at https://www.visitdelaware.com/beaches/

Enjoy your visit!

Newmanstown...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for young family

I'd look on airb&b - I'll be honest places book fast - most are already v booked.

5. Re: Where to stay for young family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 27, 2018, 1:03 am

Lewes, DE
Level Contributor
27 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for young family

I would not automatically dismiss the idea of Lewes. Many cottages or rentals off of Cedar Avenue or Cape Shores Community within walking distance to the Bay which offers a gentler swimming experience (no waves) as opposed to the often shore break that can occur at Rehoboth. The Cape Henlopen State Park with cannons and towers to climb can be a fun day trip. Lewes is a 15 minute car ride from Rehoboth Boardwalk but it is an easier option to park at the new bus terminal outside of town and ride in for approx. $3.75....parking downtown can be an expensive hassle {huge understatement} Multitude of family activities to do on Route one between Lewes and Rehoboth--movies, miniature golf, water park, Lefty's bowling/laser tag, etc... Lingo, Long and Foster, Prudential-Gallo, and Lewes Realty might help you find listings.

Reply to: Where to stay for young family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rehoboth Beach