We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paking Ticket payment and Appeal

Paking Ticket payment and Appeal
Save

I received a citation for parking in a meter spot but the meter broke after I put quarter in it. I did not have anymore quarter so i just left the car there thinking that I will not get a ticket. After receiving the ticked I appealed it but my appeal was rejected and kept getting penalized for late payments . I did not see the letters I received because I was traveling overseas. the $30 ticket is now $85. This is unheard of even in big cities like Washington DC. Usually the ticket amount gets doubled after 60 days. i only had this ticket in September and it is triple the amount now. how do i fight this ticket? I have been trying to call the city of Dewey beach but they never answer the phone or let you leave a voicemail.

3 replies to this topic
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
728 posts
275 reviews
116 helpful votes
1. Re: Paking Ticket payment and Appeal
Save

All of the information about how to appeal a parking ticket is on the town website here:

https://www.townofdeweybeach.com/ParkingTickets

It sounds, however, like you missed your window to do that. Pay your fine now before further charges stack up, otherwise you could be looking at getting your vehicle impounded next time you park in Dewey.

Everyone who has ever spent time at the Delaware beaches has a parking ticket story. None of these stories include how they beat the system.

Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Fairfax, Washington DC, Alexandria, Williamsburg
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
338 reviews
219 helpful votes
2. Re: Paking Ticket payment and Appeal
Save

My standard advice to anyone who gets a parking ticket in Dewey or Rehoboth is to just stop at the municipal building on your way out of town in order to pay it. It's the easiest, quickest, and least painful way to put it behind you.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
34 posts
58 reviews
118 helpful votes
3. Re: Paking Ticket payment and Appeal
Save

For future reference, the best way to appeal a parking ticket in Dewey is to go to Alderman Court during the hours that they will hear parking citation appeals (check the town website for current hours). You don't need to have a scheduled court time. The online appeal process *might* work for you if your case is very black and white and you have evidence that an obvious error was made by the officer. If your online appeal is turned down you still have the right to an in-person appeal but I think the timeframe is very short. It's all somewhat difficult for a working person to fit into their schedule and a lot of work. You may find that it's just not worth it.

Reply to: Paking Ticket payment and Appeal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.