We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best onsen in Sounkyo

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Best onsen in Sounkyo

Any recommendation?

Doing a day trip from Asahikawa.

Thank you!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
190 reviews
1. Re: Best onsen in Sounkyo

If you're gg to Sounkyo as day trip, consider the public onsen - which i hv not tried as i always stay overnight in an onsen hotel/ryokan.

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Best onsen in Sounkyo

Choyotei is open 1.30 pm to 5 pm for day visitors - pretty good views of the gorge

http://www.choyotei.com/onsen/

Y800 for onsen use.

HOtel Taisetsu is also great, day use 11 am to 5 pm, Y800.

hotel-taisetsu.com/contents/…a_05

Asia
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
165 reviews
3. Re: Best onsen in Sounkyo

Hi DLi_hk, which hotel did you stay in Sounkyo? I have done a search but didn't see much options. Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
190 reviews
4. Re: Best onsen in Sounkyo

@Wsea3h,

Sounkaku Grand hotel - stayed for 2 nights in 2004. Big rotenburo, nice Kaiseki dinner, though abt 500m away from the onsen town. Check out the latest reviews.

Hotel Taisetsu - stayed for 2 nights in 2009. Nice stay, though i'd try the next hotel next time

Choyotei - facing the Sounkyo cliffs right upfront. stayed in its other onsen hotel in Toya-ko and that was nice.

Better start your own thread if you hv further comments.

Asia
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
165 reviews
5. Re: Best onsen in Sounkyo

Thank you DLi for your reply.

6. Re: Best onsen in Sounkyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 05, 2017, 12:16 pm