We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-driving jeep tours?

Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Self-driving jeep tours?
Save

Are there any self-driving jeep tours similar to the Pink Jeep Tour at Broken Arrow? When we were in Moab, UT, my husband was able to drive and he absolutely loved it. Thinking he will be bored on the Pink Jeep Tour if he can't drive.

5 replies to this topic
Central Florida...
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
1. Re: Self-driving jeep tours?
Save

My self driving husband loved the Pink Jeep tour, and wasn’t bored due to the engaging driver commentary and squeals from the passengers!! I’m pretty sure self drivers wouldn’t attempt some of the steep rock trails that our professional driver did. They know the best track to take, a first timer wouldn’t know that.

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
77,130 posts
224 reviews
228 helpful votes
2. Re: Self-driving jeep tours?
Save

You can rent a property modified Jeep at Barlows or Hike House. They will provide maps and assess your skill levels, but you’ll be on your own. If you overestimate your abilities, you can easily spoil the day for dozens, or even hundreds of other people.

The guided tours really are safer and more entertaining.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Self-driving jeep tours?
Save

If you rent from Barlow's they will tell you were to go based on your prior experience. You might want to look at the Broken Arrow rating before deciding to do it on your own or renting. Moab has a wide variety of Jeep trails so it is hard to guess whether your husband has the experience for BA. Many can do Schnebly Hill but keep in mind that it is a conga line of vehicles. BA is a big step up from Schnebly.

For others that are reading please note that I am talking about a Barlow Jeep that that is modified and off road/pavement capable. I am not talking about an SUV (even Jeep brand) that you can get as a regular rental car.

Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Self-driving jeep tours?
Save

Thank you for your input. We did have a guide on the tour in Moab, but he was in a jeep ahead of us, showing us where to go. Maybe we will give the Pink Jeep Tour a try. I enjoyed the tour in Moab as a passenger, I hope my husband does too.

Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Self-driving jeep tours?
Save

We did a 24 hour jeep rental with Barlow's. They give you a map and description of all the trails. We used to own a jeep and did a lot of off roading in our younger days many moons ago so my husband had no problem with Barlows new, well maintained jeeps. We started out on the easiest trail and worked our way up from there. I believe we did 3-4 trails during our rental period.

Edited: June 01, 2021, 12:09 pm
Reply to: Self-driving jeep tours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.