We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes for mid to late April?

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
194 reviews
348 helpful votes
Clothes for mid to late April?
Save

Greetings from Key Largo, Florida!

Coming for a 5 night stay in Sedona (then 5 in Tucson and 2 in Phoenix) April 20. I have been browsing older threads for the past 5 weeks for tips on what clothes to bring. Here in the Keys, I am accustomed to it being hot and humid and I realize this will be warm and dry during the day. Nights 40’s? I know to bring layers, but I am having a difficult time deciding on a jacket. I have North Face puffer I take to Spain for March/April and Oct/Nov evenings, but I am worried it is too warm? Should I just bring a jeans jacket? I only fly in a TravelPro Crew 21 carry on, so am trying to get the most versatility out of my layers! Thanks so much for your help!

2 replies to this topic
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
474 reviews
232 helpful votes
1. Re: Clothes for mid to late April?
Save

I think the puffer jacket would be too warm. The jeans jacket should do the trick. Tomorrow's prediction in Sedona is high of 79 and low of 55. Cooler than the temps in Phoenix but can still feel very warm some days.

It's heating up here in Arizona. Temperatures tend to go up and down this time of year and then before we know it, it stays hot. It's the kind of heat that hits you in the face when you open the door of the oven. Remember to drink lots of water as it is easy to get dehydrated, wear a hat and sunscreen.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
194 reviews
348 helpful votes
2. Re: Clothes for mid to late April?
Save

Thanks so much! That’s the same in the Florida Keys. We have a heat index of 91 here today. It is easy to forget to hydrate on/in the water and later ya pay for it! I plan on picking up a case of bottled water. We are accustomed to sunscreen and rash guards that give you protection from the sun.

I will ditch the puffer. I am always cold on a flight, so jeans jacket makes more sense.

Reply to: Clothes for mid to late April?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.