We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy a non-tourist map

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
109 reviews
131 helpful votes
Where to buy a non-tourist map
Save

I've looked online and can only find cutesy maps pinpointing restaurants and sites. I need a fairly detailed city map that shows street names, so I can get from my Air BnB in West Sedona to the meeting place for a workshop. I plan on entering W. Sedona via 260 and 89A. Is there a place to buy a good map that does not involve going into Sedona itself? The trip is next week and you've scared me away from Sedona with all the tales of horrible traffic.

I'm not a AAA member, BTW, and don't use a smart phone.

6 replies to this topic
1. Re: Where to buy a non-tourist map

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 31, 2021, 3:16 am

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
474 reviews
231 helpful votes
2. Re: Where to buy a non-tourist map
Save

http://ontheworldmap.com/usa/city/sedona/detailed-map-of-sedona.html

Does this help? You can print it out, but you might need a magnifying glass!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Where to buy a non-tourist map
Save

Since you are an AZ resident why not buy an AZ map off of Amazon since you can always use it elsewhere as a local. When we move (and we have frequently) we usually get one of the new state. DeLorme is a good one but Benchmark is usually cheaper. You can just use a paper clip to mark the pages you need. National Geo makes one specifically for Flagstaff/Sedona if you prefer the fold up maps. Amazon is easy but Barnes and Noble usually has a section of maps if you prefer browsing and selecting something on your own.

I like LoveMyAcura's suggestion of just printing something out before you go. Or do a Mapquest from your lodging to the workshop and just print that out.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
474 reviews
231 helpful votes
4. Re: Where to buy a non-tourist map
Save

https://www.maps.com/products/street-map-of-sedona-and-cottonwood-plus-northern-arizona-recreation-ev_nsm_sedona?variant=31616679936053&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4fLQieXW7wIV5Al9Ch2HSg0EEAQYAiABEgL5V_D_BwE

This is where you can buy a fold up map of the streets of Sedona

You might try calling the Sedona Chamber of Commerce.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,426 posts
27 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Where to buy a non-tourist map
Save

On 260 just before 89A is a WalMart. for an Arizona map. Though not likely to provide detail you need to locate your lodging.

That map in link from LovemyAcura is super detailed and will detail the streets and would do the job, I'd think..

Else put the address of the "meeting place" in Google maps and you'll find it's spot clearly marked thus allowing yu to write up directions to follow

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
109 reviews
131 helpful votes
6. Re: Where to buy a non-tourist map
Save

Thanks, all. LMA's very detailed map will work fine. I'll have to remember that website! Probably not enough time to order one.

I have a good AZ map already.

Reply to: Where to buy a non-tourist map
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.