We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sedona lodging may

3 posts
sedona lodging may
Save

hello all,

looking to do a solo travel (i know im sort of behind on the 8 ball here and last minute but alas..) to sedona in early May to visit my sister in Flag.

I want to stay in the sedona area for my own home base and feel like i can find more of the things i like to do when shes working and for the nicer climate in May. (and also because Sedona is spectacular)

I would like to stay somewhere with a kitchen or kitchenette preferably (with covid it is easier to know i can make my own meals).

I was looking at perhaps Sedona Ridge or Summit by Diamondresorts (i figure ill just polietly decline to any timeshare hoo ha). Not sure if i should go through air b n b to stay at one of these or just book directly (looks like either way they charge you resort fees) ? Does anyone else have any other suggestions or decent places to stay? Thanks yall!

oh- going for about a week, will fly into PHX and rent car and drive to sedona

Edited: March 30, 2021, 3:27 am
Best value hotels in Sedona
The Inn Above Oak Creek
The Inn Above Oak Creek
#1 of 50 hotels in Sedona
Casa Sedona Inn
Casa Sedona Inn
#3 of 50 hotels in Sedona
Junipine Resort
Junipine Resort
#9 of 50 hotels in Sedona
2 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,537 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: sedona lodging may
Save

I prefer Sedona Summit over the Ridge, only because of the location, both are very nice.

But whenever we stay in Sedona, at least once a year, we always stay at Los Abrigados. It is very nice, we love the location, next to Tlaquepaqe and with a creekside park right on the property.

I do realize there are some bad reviews. But very few, actually, considering how large the resort is and how many people stay there.

Oh, and I would book directly with the resort

Edited: March 30, 2021, 7:44 am
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
27 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: sedona lodging may
Save

We were just in Sedona area. Many restaurants are open for inside dining. . Some have Covid rules limiting occupancy. We didn't do any "white tablecloth" "fine" dining. inside, but did eat outside at Wildflower, Indian Gardens on Oak Creek canyon, Red Rock Cafe over in VOC. We did some take-out, only doing breakfast in lodging.

.All the places we visited were still requiring masks and social distancing... and by far most patrons ( not all) seem to comply. Up in Jerome some shops limited the numbers of folks allowed to enter. Two leave, two can come in

May? Things could be much different... for the better I hope.

Edited: March 30, 2021, 9:21 am
Reply to: sedona lodging may
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.