We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona trails and scary dropoffs

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Sedona trails and scary dropoffs
Save

Will be in Sedona next week for a little over a week... Yay!

I'll be hiking with a very intrepid and mature 6 year old, but she's still 6. I'm confident she can do the mileage on these trails but I'm worried that I've missed some mention of CRAZY DROPOFF hold on to your kid! So I thought I'd double check myself and see what you thought of these trails from a safety standpoint ...

Bell Rock/Courthouse loop

Brins Mesa Loop

Broken Arrow Trail to Chicken Point ... was thinking about using High on the Hog and Twin Buttes to do a loop but I saw some pictures of High on the Hog that made me nervous.

Huckaby

Mescal or Mescal/Long Canyon Loop

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
27 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Sedona trails and scary dropoffs
Save

Look at Fay canyon, long canyon, Flat in and out no cliffs

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
2. Re: Sedona trails and scary dropoffs
Save

steverinoh - thanks. We are looking at biking long canyon. It doesn't have to be flat and no hills ... I just dont' want to accidentally end up on the white line!

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
76,794 posts
225 reviews
228 helpful votes
3. Re: Sedona trails and scary dropoffs
Save

Your choices are safe. I’d recommend Little Horse to Chicken Point. Broken Arrow will be noisy and crowded with Jeep traffic.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
4. Re: Sedona trails and scary dropoffs
Save

RedRox ... thanks that sounds like VERY good advice.

Reply to: Sedona trails and scary dropoffs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.