We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking

Level Contributor
54 posts
Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Save

I have a fifth grader who has received her every kid outdoors. It was expanded to fifth graders this year due to covid last year. I see it should work as a dash pass for parking. Anyone confirm this? Don’t want to get a ticket over $5 but would love to use it if we can.

6 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
12,823 posts
109 reviews
131 helpful votes
1. Re: Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Save

It is valid for entry to most public lands, including parking. It is not a parking pass, per se, but yes, you leave it on the dashboard. Read the fine print to see which side to display. And the lucky kiddo must be present!

Level Contributor
54 posts
2. Re: Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Save

Yes! It’s her big trip out west! Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Save

At the first national park, they will exchange the paper pass of a plastic card. That is what you are supposed to hang from your rear view mirror in lieu of a Red Rock pass. You can pick up a hang tag at the ranger's station in Sedona. We usually do as above and just put it on the dashboard as the hang tags end up melting in the heat (not a problem at the moment but in July it will be) :) I'm not sure those enforcing the parking are going to recognize a random piece of paper as an inter agency pass or even stop read what it says. They are looking for the plastic pass. They have a job to do and are trying to get it done quickly so they can move on.

Also be careful, as the national park pass (sometimes called inter-agency pass) is not accepted for all parking situations - for example Red Rock Crossing. Make sure you understand when it works and when it doesn't.

Level Contributor
54 posts
4. Re: Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Save

Good to know. Thank you!

newark ohio
Level Contributor
778 posts
67 reviews
45 helpful votes
5. Re: Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Save

Now to find the parking spot!! Go early

Edited: March 25, 2021, 10:32 am
San Diego...
Level Contributor
439 posts
15 reviews
57 helpful votes
6. Re: Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Save

Wow, thank you Wish. I was so bummed last year when we had to cancel our trips to Sedona, Lassen National Park and Crater Lake National Park due to the Pandemic and were going to miss out on our 4th grader using his pass. We are reattempting to take all those trips this year. I had no idea they extended the pass to 5th graders this year. I just went and printed out his 5th grade pass. Thank you so much for this information!

Reply to: Anyone use the fifth or fourth grade pass in lieu of parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.