We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking suggestions for Easter weekend

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Hiking suggestions for Easter weekend
Save

Hello, My husband and I along with another couple are coming to Sedona for Easter weekend. It's been 10 years since I've been, looking forward to returning but I'm understanding it's going to be very busy. Trying to plan 2 days of hiking and need some thoughts on what hikes would be good for later in the day. We arrive Thursday and will drive to our Hotel from Sedona that afternoon. Only plans that evening is dinner at The Hudson for some views. I was thinking of waking up early Friday and doing Devil's Bridge, then a picnic lunch (need suggestions on where to do this) and then an afternoon hike. Not sure which trailheads will be better for a later hike? Suggestions? On Saturday, we were going to head to West Fork Trail then maybe head to a winery for a late afternoon picnic prior to getting ready for dinner. What times should be arrive at Devil's Bridge and West Fork? Any suggestions on afternoon hikes and a place for a picnic lunch? We have dinner reservations both night, Mariposa and Elote cafe. Any suggestions/tips/ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! Can't wait

3 replies to this topic
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1. Re: Hiking suggestions for Easter weekend
Save

Morning, Just checking in to see if anyone has any thoughts on my post from the other day. Looking for afternoon hike suggestions. Trying to get a feel for how crowded parking lots will be in the afternoons.

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
76,829 posts
225 reviews
228 helpful votes
2. Re: Hiking suggestions for Easter weekend
Save

Arrive at trailheads early to avoid crowds and find parking. Where are you staying? Best to plan hikes on your chosen side of town. Traffic will steal hours from your days.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3. Re: Hiking suggestions for Easter weekend
Save

Thanks for the reply. We are staying at the Alma de Sedona Inn Thursday - Sunday. We will hike Friday and Saturday. Want to do early hikes both days....what times should we be at trail head? 8am, earlier? Our friends leave Sunday and my husband and I are heading the L'Auberge for a couple nights before heading home. Was thinking of relaxing and enjoying the resort for those couple of days.

Reply to: Hiking suggestions for Easter weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.