We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bell rock trail? Pathway?

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Bell rock trail? Pathway?
Save

What’s the difference between the bell rock trail Versus bell rock pathway? Are the one in the same?Hoping to hike to the top of bell rock.

4 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
125 posts
33 reviews
34 helpful votes
1. Re: Bell rock trail? Pathway?
Save

http://www.wildsedona.com/trails/bell.htm

I have been researching the same... bit hard to gauge how difficult these hikes are and most say to do sunset but apparently the trails are not well marked to be traversed in the dark.

hope it helps

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
8 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: Bell rock trail? Pathway?
Save

I've lived in Sedona for 30 years and I've never concerned myself with the names of the trails at Bell Rock. Both the "pathway" and the "trail" are AT Bell Rock. Just park at one of the parking lots by Bell Rock, either just north or just south of the Rock. Actually to climb Bell Rock, best to use the lot north of it (Courthouse Vista). The last line in nsrrv's link says it all. Bell Rock Pathway goes more or less parallel to Hwy 179 at base level, passes along the west side of Bell Rock, from one parking lot to another farther up the road. Bell Rock Trail takes you up the rock a little ways. Some people continue climbing off trail. I definitely do NOT recommend climbing to the top, for safety reasons. The loop trail around Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte is nice.

A long stretch of Hwy 179 is good for sunset. You certainly don't have to be up on Bell Rock. Don't get stuck hiking in the dark! View sunset looking at the rocks from base/street level.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Bell rock trail? Pathway?
Save

Thank you!

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
76,794 posts
225 reviews
228 helpful votes
4. Re: Bell rock trail? Pathway?
Save

Janss said it well. Don’t worry. Just hike where you want to.

Reply to: Bell rock trail? Pathway?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.