We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
461 posts
11 reviews
just got back

I've just got back from a fantastic two weeks in olu deniz. For anyone who has any reservations about going this year forget about them-olu was the same relaxed place as always with its usual great atmosphere although it was quiet especially the first week with some of my friends saying their takings are 40-50% down on this time last year. The weather was a bit weird with torrential rain during the night and some really strong hot winds in the early hours and yesterday was boiling hot-over 40'! Belcekiz beach was much cleaner than last year, well run and very organized, the only thing is the toilets there are paid toilets now at one lira each. A must visit is the gelato bianco shop at the side of help bar where the milk shakes and ice cream are absolutely gorgeous! I haven't read any posts while away so I apologise if I've repeated anything that anyone has put on. I'm counting down to return on September 4th😊

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
256 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: just got back

Thanks for sharing!

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
220 posts
2. Re: just got back

Hi Sk29544,

I noticed that you accidentally posted your question in the Turkey Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Oludeniz Forum.

I hope you find the information you need to plan your future travels.

Best Regards,

Franz

TripAdvisor Support Team

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
461 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: just got back

Thank you-posted after a through the night flight and no sleep😃

Edited: June 21, 2016, 6:51 pm
Morayshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: just got back

Good to see a positive post. We are already booked for September, returning for our second holiday to Oludeniz as we just love the area.

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: just got back

Thanks for posting, so can't wait to return in 5 weeks time.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: just got back

Great post, will be in Ovacik 4th July 15 nights can not wait much longer, got 7 more night shifts then I am off work for a month Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bazinga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
461 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: just got back

One other thing I would like to warn people about is the beach now shuts at 6 instead of 8 and they come and tell you you have to get off the loungers-beach finished so some people were paying at 4 oclock thinking they had 4 hours and they only had 2! Maybe they will extend it till later as the weeks go on but at the minute its 6 but the prices haven't gone up its still 6 lira for a lounger and the same for an umbrella.

Edited: June 21, 2016, 10:05 pm
Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
953 posts
132 reviews
8. Re: just got back

Then they have reduced the price of the sunbeds. It was 8tl in May both on the main beach and Kidrak.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
461 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: just got back

Sorry I meant to put 8😐 yes its 8 lira for each. I just hope they extend it till 8 oclock for people later in the season I was constantly getting told to shift😃 but it was still hot at 6 and a lot of people wanted to keep the umbrellas but they put everything down and away straight away

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: just got back

Hi have also just got back just wanted to add that to any one who is worried please don't things picking up great atmosphere felt very safe at all times .please remember that there is a big police station seconds away from the main strip which should reassure any one who is worried about constant scaremongering from the media yes there are troubles but they are as seams every where so please go and enjoy .ps don't pay to much attention to web cams they really aren't showing how busy the place is

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz