We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers E visa advice

truro
Level Contributor
908 posts
23 reviews
First timers E visa advice

Hi

Can you still buy a visa at Dalaman airport if you have technical difficulties with the evisa website and can't pay online.

I had so much trouble a few years ago with an online booking that Im always a bit wary of online payments and bookings.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: First timers E visa advice

You can, but it costs more and you will stand in a queue waitinf=g to be seen to.

I would strongly recommend that you sort it out before you go, it normally onlu=y taks a couple of minutes as long as you use the correct link and not one of the rip off agencies that "help" you apply.

The link is below

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Hope you sort it out and have a great holiday

truro
Level Contributor
908 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: First timers E visa advice

Thank you

We fully intend to buy them online before we travel.

It was only as I was googling some information on the evisa that I came across some forum posts where quite a few people mentioned they had problems with payments going through and receiving confirmation links etc..

Knowing my luck this would happen to me and I just wanted reassuring that we can buy them at the airport if we have technical difficulties with the evisa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: First timers E visa advice

The majority of problems seem to be people who try and use BTinternet email accounts, as they block the return conformation emails. Use another (e.g. hotmail, gmail etc) and you should be fine.

Make sure you only use the official website.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

truro
Level Contributor
908 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: First timers E visa advice

Thank you.

Does anyone know how it works when entering a hyphenated first name.

One of our group has a hyphenated first name for example Mary-Jane.

Would this be entered on the visa application as MaryJane or Mary Jane (With a space).

I know most systems won't let you enter hyphens.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
122 reviews
5. Re: First timers E visa advice

Yes you can add hyphens. Your name must be entered exactly as it is on your passport.

It's really a very easy website to use, dont worry!

Morayshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: First timers E visa advice

I did my visa yesterday and had everything email and printed within 10 minutes. Just make sure you use

the official website.

7. Re: First timers E visa advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 22, 2018, 12:17 pm
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz