We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capetown to Franschhoek

Level Contributor
79 posts
Capetown to Franschhoek
Save

What’s the best way to get from Cape Town to franschhoek? And how long does it take?

Thanks

Greater...
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
1. Re: Capetown to Franschhoek
Save

Hire a car and drive.

About an hour, depending on where you start in Cape Town.

It is about 75 km

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
72 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Capetown to Franschhoek
Save

If you are planing on not hiring a car, you can easily hire a driver and vehicle to travel to there (private transfer). The drive one way is about 1hr30mins and can be incorporated into a half day one way transfer or just a one way transfer. You will have the option to pop in at Stellenbosch the town and do a walk about and then travel further directly to Franschoek. Once in Franschoek, you can make use of the wine tram to travel about.

All the best!

Hank Daries I Owner I Ulungele Tours and Safaris

Level Contributor
79 posts
3. Re: Capetown to Franschhoek
Save

Thanks

I plan to stay there for three days but live in franschhoek

What’s the best way to do both if I’m not driving?

How far is stellanbosch to franschhoek?

4. Re: Capetown to Franschhoek

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 31, 2020, 1:40 pm
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.