We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report CT

Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
trip report CT

Hello everyone,

I wish to thank you all for helping me plan my SA(Cape Town) trip your precious experience sure came in handy thanks for your pacience. First of all what is there not to love about South África I have been home for around a month and miss so much those beautifull mountains, beaches, winelands, wildlife, a bit of everything. I did do my original itinerary it was a bit rushed but I got an overall taste of the country and do need to go back for more. I was worried about renting a car in Cape Town and driving on the left but in the end it worked out fine I was based in Greenpoint so a car came in handy and gave freedom to explore but parking in CT center is a hassle and expensive. Never did I feel unsafe on the streets day or night and althought bothered sometimes by beggers a simple smile and walk away always worked and do be generous. My most treasured memory is absolutely hiking Lions Head early morning to see sun rise, just beautifull! I guess next would be my journey through Cape Península, on that day I had so many great experiences, beautifull coastal scenery, wildlife, penguins, baboons, ostrich, dassies, so many birds, some historic monuments, cape point, all in one day. The Garden Route Tour was also something to remember and not just beacause of what I visited but because of tour company Earthstompers I highly recommend this company best experience ever. I did the 5 day tour and then flew back to Cape Town from Port Elisabeth stayed on at Addo Elephant Park for an extra day stayed at Colchester.I was very lucky beacause it was a hot day and alot of elephants at the waterholes, did the morning drive with sanparks, viewed hienas, and some nocturnal animals, during the day lions, warthogs, springbock, antelope, kudu, red hartebeest, dung beetles, and so many birds.

My heart is full with beautifull memories of a country truley blessed. Thank you:)

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Lion's Head
Lion's Head
3,654 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 reply
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
862 posts