We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger Game Drives by Camp

2 posts
Save Topic
Kruger Game Drives by Camp

Hi, Everyone I will be visiting Kruger in October End and have booked my accomodation at Skukuza Camp for couple of nights. I will be travelling with my family including daughter aged 4 years. As it is our first time in Kruger and as we would be self driving from Joburg the same day, we plan to do a sunset drive organised by the Rest Camp. However, the San Park site says that they do not allow kids below 6 years on the Sun Set Drive. Can anyone who has been there kindly confirm is that so in reality?

Would appreciate any suggesstions for the first timer in Kruger and also any tips as it is going to be a very short trip.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
3 Day Classic Kruger National Park...
1 Review
from US$733.30*
Free Cancellation
3 Day Lodge and Treehouse Kruger...
from US$695.10*
Free Cancellation
5 Day Classic Kruger National Park...
1 Review
from US$924.40*
Free Cancellation
4 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger Game Drives by Camp

Hope you are not time pressed to make Skukuza by sunset drive time. I believe reporting time for that is 4:15, leaving at 4:30 ( at least in winter)

I was not clear on your flight arrival time etc. Kruger (Malelane) is a good 5 hours from JNB. more with a child in the car.

the sunset drive vehicles from big camps are huge. So it shouldnt be a problem. I would let someone with direct experience chime in on it.

Mentioned in this post
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger Game Drives by Camp

We will be leaving from Joburg early morning as we arrive at Joburg the previous night @ 20:30 hours.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kruger Game Drives by Camp

That should be enough time to get over. Enter Malelane gate, and drive north on H3 toward Skukuza which will be a great game drive as well. One option if you have two nights is for one parent to take the sunset drive the first evening and the other the next evening, if they do have an age restriction.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
808 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kruger Game Drives by Camp

Age restriction is 6 years and they are very strict . But of course your little one will be tired after a days drive .Go one at a time . not the best but the only way

Reply to: Kruger Game Drives by Camp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted