We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas Nicolas - MA

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
2 helpful votes
Villas Nicolas - MA
Save

Anybody know why Villas Nicolas has a "Notice regarding prostitution" on their reservation form. Has this been a problem or are they just being cautious?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,987 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Villas Nicolas - MA
Save

They are being cautious...I honestly beleive that is very nice of them...trying to prevent the problem...it is a family place and they will like to keep it that way...in our business we do not transport that kind of costumer either...very ugly negative people...no thank you!

roadadvisor

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
63 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Villas Nicolas - MA
Save

Being cautious more than likely. I have been to Villas Nic. many times and had the pleasure of staying there. It certainly is not a resort that caters to that aspect (nor does it even slightly have that reputation.) Villas Nic is one of my favorites in Manuel Antonio. I think you'll love it!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
91 reviews
77 helpful votes
3. Re: Villas Nicolas - MA
Save

Just being cautious.....the hotels in Manuel Antonio don't want to get a reputation for or encourage sex tourism.....Villas Nicolas is a great little hotel with a wonderful restaurant.

Tulemar Dave

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Villas Nicolas - MA
Save

Thanks everyone. They also told me that they had problems many years ago and are now being cautious. I booked it.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
5. Re: Villas Nicolas - MA
Save

Since prostitution is legal in Costa Rica, many hotels like to stress that they do not support sex tourism or the exploitation of women or underaged persons. That is NOT the reason to come to Costa Rica!! Just a precaution, no worries! Enjoy!

6. Re: Villas Nicolas - MA

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 18, 2012, 12:20 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.