We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the sand soft?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Is the sand soft?
Save

Are the shells on playa concha fine enough to feel “soft” walking in bare feet or is it more if a rough feel?

16 replies to this topic
1. Re: Is the sand soft?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 12, 2021, 1:13 am

United States
Level Contributor
342 posts
2. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

@1 you took my words....this traveler is looking for Cayman/Turks quality beaches in Costa Rica. Not happening...I would never go to CR for beaches...will add a few days at the end of the trip but not a reason to go to CR.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
19,422 posts
70 reviews
182 helpful votes
3. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

See my post 1 answer to your other thread about that beach/resort there - https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g309242-i1812-k13546072-Westin_in_Jan-Playa_Conchal_Province_of_Guanacaste.html .

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

Thank you! I realize the CR beaches are not the same as Carribean beaches. I do very much appreciate the input!

United States
Level Contributor
342 posts
5. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

We are just trying to paint a realistic picture...seen many really nice beaches but not in CR...but the country is beautiful in terms of landscape and wildlife.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

Interesting...can I ask exactly what you are referring to? I’m reference to Margo’s comment about Lago?

Edited: May 11, 2021, 10:24 pm
United States
Level Contributor
342 posts
7. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

@6 not sure what is happening...do not see a post from Margo....things disappear here often on the CR forum...strange.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
19,422 posts
70 reviews
182 helpful votes
8. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

@6, That Post might have been referring to their Policy at https://www.hotelloslagos.com/rates.html, which includes "Food, beverages or pets are not allowed ( keep in mind, there are watchdogs around the hotel).", while the hotel is geared toward families with children, especially young ones. It has no connection to beach hotels, incl. Pl. Conchal.

United States
Level Contributor
342 posts
9. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

not sure why when OP was asking about sand and if he went to Arenal looking at Nayara...I am sure he is not interested in the property promoted by RA so often.

Edited: May 11, 2021, 11:47 pm
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Is the sand soft?
Save

We are trying to decide if we should stay near Arenal or near the beach. Sounds like Arenal is the best bet to experience what we’re hoping for. We love the beach, but if it means we won’t be able to experience the more exotic/rainforest parts of CR, then we can do without it.

Hope that clarifies why I was asking about both areas

Reply to: Is the sand soft?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Conchal
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.