We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry

Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

Does Anyone know for sure if a Covid 19 Rapid test will be accepted for USA return entry? Or is the PCR test for USA return entry the only way to go??

Any Previous experience Knowledge is appreciated

Thx

Terry

8 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,688 posts
75 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

Yes. We used the results from the rapid test to fly home on Sunday. If you can find a location near you, I highly recommend Echandi Labs. We went to their Ciudad Quesada office, about 45 minutes from La Fortuna.

Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

Thx, how long did it take for to get the results (how where they sent to you) and what were the cost (are you usa citizen) ? Also what airline were you flying on?

Thx again

Edited: March 23, 2021, 11:23 pm
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,688 posts
75 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

$55. American Airlines. They sent the results by e mail three hours after swabbing. The people at my lodge were kind enough to print the page; that made it extra easy.

Alajuela
Destination Expert
for Alajuela
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
56 reviews
25 helpful votes
4. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

Yes our guests are getting them daily. FYI Alajuela (near SJO) Labin Labs are taking walk ins any time of day now for rapid/antigen tests - most are getting email results in under 2 hours for about $50.

Berni

Pura Vida Hotel

Portland, Oregon
7 posts
1 review
5. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

My airline, Delta, has a list of hotels that provide preflight Covid testing. I am staying at the Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen specifically so they can arrange my Covid test before my departure.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
18,973 posts
70 reviews
182 helpful votes
6. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

@5, "I am staying at the Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen specifically so they can arrange my Covid test before my departure.":

It is also easy to contact the Covid testing facilities in CR directly, compare the prices, guaranteed test results times, and book your test appointment.

The Tourism Institute of CR, ICT, has a list, fairly regularly updated, with the addresses and phone ## for the testing facilities in different areas of CR - https://www.ict.go.cr/es/documentos-institucionales/material-de-apoyo-coronavirus/pruebas-covid-para-usa/1898-laboratories-authorized-in-costa-rica-for-test-sars-cov-2/file.html.

There have been reports on this forum that some PCR tests arranged inside resorts cost considerably more than the ones outside the hotel. E.g., one resort charges US165+ tax per person. In comparison to the PCR tests outside of the resorts, as well as the faster results turn around time, the prices for the rapid tests in Posts 3 and 4 seem like a better choice.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,995 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
7. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

Thank you Mimsadaisy great advice knowing that you were here in Costa Rica a few days ago...also nice advice by Berni !!

roadadvsiro

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
45 reviews
28 helpful votes
8. Re: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Save

@5, we are staying there too, do you mind sharing details like turn around time and what they charge? Do you have an email contact?

Reply to: Does Covid 19 Rapid test work for USA return entry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Guanacaste
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.