We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rovinj Selo.

edinburgh east
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rovinj Selo.

We are staying in rovinj selo next week.I am only mow realising it is out of main town,which is worrying me as we dont have a car.

Could someone reassure me that there is a bus service as there seems very little in RS Village

Thank you,

Susan.

8 replies to this topic
Bastar, India
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rovinj Selo.

it is Rovinjsko selo and it is village separated from Rovinj. Not really part of Rovinj. There are some buses, but not so much. Without car you'll be stucked there

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9,597 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rovinj Selo.

Sadly, Rovinj Selo definitely isn't pretty Rovinj. Bus service isn't that wonderful, depending on your location.

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rovinj Selo.

My advice would be to hire a car. Rovinj Selo is a very small quiet village I think I can recall it only has one very small shop.

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rovinj Selo.

Rovinjsko Selo is over 7kms to Rovinj, and apparently there is one bus that services the route. Better to hire a car.

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rovinj Selo.

The bus service is reasonable for such small place, www.buscroatia.com

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rovinj Selo.

A sign at Rovinjsko selo says it's 6 km from Rovinj but that actually depends on where exactly in Rovinj you want to be. It took me about 16 minutes to reach Rovinj's famous old town by bike when I was already tired but it's not a pleasant ride due to traffic (especially in peak season) and it would be much more difficult in the opposite direction as that's slightly uphill all the way. You can see the summary of that ride here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfpj6WDEZEU or in real time here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQu2diNPH20 To see a bit of Rovinjsko selo itself (in real time) look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaz0-DWWAvc It does have its ups and downs but if you wanted to be In Rovinj I'm sad to say it's really not a good choice, especially without a car.

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rovinj Selo.

I agree, not good choice if you are only on a bike.

Rovinjsko Selo
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rovinj Selo.

Hi. Im from Rovinjsko Selo. I live there during the winter and then in Rovinj during the summer. Here is the link for the time table from Rovinjsko Selo to Rovinj for the 16th of June, you can check for more dates on the link - https://www.putovnica.net/prijevoz/autobus/r…

Also you need like 5min from Rovinjsko Selo to Rovinj with the car. Then you have to find a parking and then for sure you will need lile 15min for all of that. Butfrom Selo to Rovinj its 7km and with a normal traffic its 5min with car.

So, you can go by bus or taxi but i think if you rent a car would be a better option if you think to go every day to Rovinj. If not, a bus its a better option.

In Selo you have 2 markets. 1 small in center and 1 bigger shop near the chruch. I do not know your location so can not tell you the diatance.

And you have 2 bars.

And Rovinjsko Selo is a part of Rovinj. A suburb.

If you need more info, ill be glad to help :)

Mentioned in this post
Rovinj
Rovinj
Istria, Croatia
Reply to: Rovinj Selo.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj