We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation

We would like to book a 11 or 14 night holiday to Rovinj early July 2019. B and B would be preferable, with either pool or sun bathing area, we both do not like beaches. Hotel Lone and Monte Mulini are both out of our price range and even Hotel Eden would be pushing it!!! We would also like to go out on day trips to Venice etc but won’t have a car, any recommendations. Thanks very much

18 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation

July and August are peak season, so you have to expect to pay a premium. Besides, I would rather an apartment for such an extended stay, you will save a lot of money by having access to a kitchen/ette, and hotels aren't good value anywhere in the world unless you're staying in a city or town that is considered cheap. Try booking.com for apartments, although if you want a pool you will have to explore villas, which are more expensive because they accommodate more people. Keep in mind that may be too early to reserve a place, so and many more options might become available for booking late 2018 and beyond for summer 2019.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation

Thank you : )

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,917 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation

Have a look at tour operators like TUI / Jet 2 as holidays are on sale for next year. Consider booking flights and accommodation separately but you may find it's cheaper to book a package. I've been looking at hotel prices in Dubrovnik for next year, booking a package was cheaper than separate flights and hotel in my case. If you decide to book an independent flight (with Easyjet for example) book on the release day first thing in the morning for the best prices. Easyjet flights for July 19 are released around November, sign up to Easyjet website for any alerts. Happy planning.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation

The Istra Hotel on Red Island has a good pool area. With the elite status that Rovinj is cultivating, the hotels are an expensive bunch. Many if not most apartments have private apartments or terraces and if you can do without a pool, are the most cost effective option.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation

Thanks for your help. I have looked at tui and jet2, looks like I will have to either pay the higher prices or find an alternative holiday.

Edited: June 09, 2018, 3:52 pm
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation

Why not rent an apartment? Hotels are expensive.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,917 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation

Apartment is definitely a cheaper option. Unfortunately you've chose peak season (July & August) with the highest prices. The Lone and Monte Mulini are two of the most expensive hotels, I am sure you can find cheaper options. Have you looked at Porec?

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation

Btw, do note that if you plan to explore Istria at all having a car is "highly recommended". For Venice, you can take a bus all the way or a bus to Trieste and then a train to Venice. Another option would be a catamaran but many say it's a bumpy ride during which you don't really see anything. Also, check the schedule to make sure you can go in the morning and come back in the evening, to make it a real day trip and not having to spend a night around Venice.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendation

I think we are going to book either hotel Istria or Eden and just pay the extra cost. Any thoughts on which is the best hotel? Food, setting and location are the most important aspects of our holiday. We want to go into Rovinj every night for a coffee or glass of wine. I have read countless Trip

Adviser reviews but can’t decide. It’s for my 50th birthday so I want to make the right choice. Thanks so much I really appreciate all suggestions: )

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendation

Hello,

Having stayed at both there are pros and cons for each.

For setting definitely the Istra, the Island setting is beautiful, peaceful, tranquil and lots of nature / wildlife - on my last night there I saw dolphins at sunset time, lots of pheasants who will eat from your hand, the gulls can be slightly annoying, a few weeks ago some had chicks and they were slightly more vocal if you got too close to the nest.

I think the food is slightly better at the Eden but the self serve beer, wine and soft drinks which are included with meals at the Istra are a bonus.

Location wise - the Eden is easier for walking into town, the ferry from the Istra runs on the hour so you would have to time trips into town as per ferry schedule but it stops at the Delfin pier near where they are constructing the new hotel Park and also at the old town pier so handy for trips into the old town.

The rooms at the Eden have recently been refurbished, the rooms at the Istra are a bit Ikea like and beginning to need refurbished.

The pool area at the Eden is brilliant but it is shared with the Lone hotel next door so may be very crowded in high season.

There is not just the pool area at the Istra, you have the choice of loungers around the island and adjoining Maskin Island though you may encounter some naturist sunbathers over there, they mostly tend to keep themselves to themselves but you get the odd exhibitionist like the elderly gentleman who exercised naked just along from me a few weeks ago.

The Eden is set next to a big forest park dotted with beach bars and is great for bike hire as there are lots of well laid out cycle paths.

Out of the two I do prefer the Istra, purely for the setting, however if you want to get out and about more and not be confined by ferry times go for the Eden.

Whatever one you choose I hope you have a great stay in Rovinj, it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited (I’ve been seven times since 2013)

Reply to: Hotel recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj