We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money when all inclusive

Essex, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Spending money when all inclusive

I'm going to gumbet in 5 weeks time all inclusive 2 adults and 4 children is £1000 enough for 10 nights?

10 replies to this topic
Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

Only if your eating and drinking out all day every day, just take about £100 in lira, the rest in sterling and change when you need it.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

Only if your eating and drinking out all day every day, just take about £100 in lira, the rest in sterling and change when you need it.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

What do you plan to spend that money on?

Excursions and activities?

Eat out how many times roughly?

Drinks and ice cream if your wondering about?

My husband and I normally go all inclusive but like to take extra money to do other things. We normally go to a waterpark and do something else, have a fancy meal out one evening and some extra for cocktails if we are going for a walk/going out for the night. Obviously that will be slightly different with children and I haven't been to turkey before but we have been to Egypt and Cyprus and for 7 days between us we take I think £500-£600 and normally spend most of it. So yeah I think £1000 should be enough.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

Sorry I accidentally read 2 children and not 4. Hhhhmm I think it depends on how much time you plan to spend at the hotel or do you like heading out a bit? If you don't plan on leaving the hotel really you should be fine but if you like doing lots of extra activities and eating out a bit then maybe take a little more?

Level Contributor
520 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

You will be fine with £1000, make use of all inclusive, and have odd 1 or 2 drinks while out and about. As if you have slides at your hotel. Am sure your children will just luv staying on them also mixing with others to play with. Enjoy your holiday

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

This will probably depend on your hotel, as to exactly how much is included in the AI package. Some hotels in Turkey offer 24 hour food, drinks, snacks, ice cream etc, free a la carte restaurants, unlimited beach towels, and free safe, others offer a lot less. Wherever you stay you will have to pay extra if you choose to book trips, do the motorised water sports and have spa treatments, and of course if you want to go shopping and have the occasional meal or drink out in the town.

My advice would be to check what your AI package includes, budget for what it doesn’t, and then take whatever you can afford to spend on the extra treats like water sports, spa and shopping.

Essex, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

Thanx guys well our al includes local drinks and snacks as well as everything else we will more then likely go out and about a couple of days but mainly stay by the hotel. My other half wants to do some water sports so hopefully should have enough lol

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

We visited Bodrum Town while staying AI last week.

Bar on the harbour had 500ml Tuborg for 12 Lira. About 2 pound with the current exchange rate. We had 2 starters, a main each, a g&t, a martini and 3 beers at a restaurant on the harbour for 30 quid for two of us. The bus to bodrum was £2.50 euro or 7.50 Lira. Big difference paying in lira at the moment. Much cheaper better bringing Lira.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

£1000 is plenty. water sports for you family is really cheap. for example jet ski for 20 mins in £20. eating out is really cheap also. £1000 would be plenty if you were going self catering. you will defo bave a great time with your spending money. it would not surprise me if you came back with money.

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending money when all inclusive

We are all inclusive but as rate so good been eating out a lot!! Example Annalivias. Our best restaurant in Gumbet 2 xstarter 2xmain bottle wine bottle water Irish coffee £33

Reply to: Spending money when all inclusive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations