We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

Hi Guys !!! I will be going to Manila for a holiday in May for just 3 days. I would like to know which is the best pocket wifi rental company.

1) Cellomobile which I think is expensive @ $99 for the first week.

2) Xcomglobal is $14.95 per day

3) TEP is is $7 per day.

Let me know which is the best one ??

52 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,801 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

For less than Php2,000 you could buy (instead of just rent) Globe Tatto pocket wifi including unlimited Internet access for the duration of your stay.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,557 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

please do no rent these. Its a rip off. Buy one and load it.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

Just get a SIM card and put some credit or load in and use it as a WiFi hotspot using your phone.

The prices you have mentioned is expensive to me.

makati
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

Globe and Smart now offeres php1400.00 to 2000+ pocket wifi. HOWEVER, you can also buy pocket wifi inside the mall for the same amount such as huawei and its open line. You can bring it outside philippines for future use.

Boseong...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

When you say mall, which mall are you referring to?

makati
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

MALLS such as SM, Robinsons, Glorietta. Inside those malls they have areas where you can buy gadgets. Like in SM, they have cyberzone and there you can find stores selling mobile phones. Just ask for pocket wifi as they usually do not put them in display.

Edited: April 20, 2015, 5:13 pm
makati
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

MALLS such as SM, Robinsons, Glorietta. Inside those malls they have areas where you can buy gadgets. Like in SM, they have cyberzone and there you can find stores selling mobile phones. Just ask for pocket wifi as they usually do not put them in display.

Edited: April 20, 2015, 5:13 pm
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

I am also looking for a reliable telecommunications carrier that rents out Mi-Fi (pocket wifi) for tourists who need internet access 24/7 during their vacation stay of about 1 week. It is referred to as a Mi-fi, pocket wifi, portable wifi device, etc...

I am researching to see if there is any carrier/store located in the Ninoy Aquino airport. Please help!

Philippines
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

Pocket wifi rentals are available at the airport. I saw the details here http://www.golocal-app.com/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,557 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila

Pocket rentals are a rip off Buy one new and load it yourself. We use SUN pocket with good luck.

Reply to: Pocket Wifi Rental in Manila
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted