We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver and car

guam
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Private driver and car

Was in the Philippines due to family emergency. HIred "touristdriver" for over 1 week. Actually this is our second time using him. If you need someone who is punctual, reliable and knowledgeable driver in the Philippines, I highly

recomment him. You can contact him at arnoldvsanchez@yahoo.com.

Thank you arnold

We'll see you again next time.

180 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
101. Re: Private driver and car

I'm planning for a trip in 2015 and I've sent emails to the drivers listed in post #92 but haven't received a response.

I'm not looking for a tour, I just need a driver to be available to take my friend from MNL airport to Quezon City and then be ready when we need to run errands. For example: We may want to check out a mall in Manila, buy wine and bottled water at the grocery store, grab lunch and dinner, perhaps check out a night club. Needless to say the driver will be parked most of the duration.

I've searched online websites and was quoted 4000 PHP but its also a tour. This excluding Tolls, drivers meals, parking fees, fuel.

1. Could someone give me an idea of how much it will cost for a basic car with driver for 12 hours?

2. Are ther tolls between Manila and Quezon?

3. Do the drivers eat with us, buy them a meal, or I give them a money to buy their own meal?

4. I understand fuel is per liter, how am I to gauge how much fuel I am suppose to pay for? (if the guy arrived with a car half full am I suppose to refill back to when we started or am I suppose to give him a full fill up)

5. Where would I encounter parking fees? (the driver would be in his car even when I am not there)

thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,764 posts
2,125 reviews
Save Reply
102. Re: Private driver and car

I suggest you just hire a taxi when necessary as it will be much cheaper. I would only use a private driver for out of town trips.

Tommo

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: Private driver and car

is it easy to hail a cab?

How much can I expect to pay within Manila? From Manila to Quezon City?

I was in Tijuana, Mexico and everyone told me to avoid the green colored taxis because they'll either rip you off or drive you to a place and get you assaulted/robbed.

I intend on avoiding the jeepney services.

thank you =)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,199 posts
2,170 reviews
Save Reply
104. Re: Private driver and car

Sam T, taxis are cheap and extremely plentiful in Metro Manila. Just say 'meter po' when you enter the taxi to ensure that the driver switches on the taxi meter (the vast majority do this now automatically).

Cost depends on from where in (Metro) manila to Quezon City but using a white street cab hired from the departures level of the airport terminals (which for T1 - T3 is upstairs) the cost to QC in moderate traffic should be under P350.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
105. Re: Private driver and car

wow 350 PHP in moderate traffic?

Speaking of traffic, I hear it can get ridiculous. My friend told me it took him almost 45min to get to Quezon City from Manila Airport and the drive usually takes 15-20min.

Thats a hell of a deal. I was quoted 1500PHP for a private driver.

Are the taxi drivers honest? I was in Spain and our driver zig zag his way to our destination when all he could've done was drive straight and make a right turn. I was in Las Vegas, USA and our driver took the back roads before arriving at our destination when all he could've done was take the freeway.

Its my first time in Phillipines and another reason why I want a driver accessible is because of stories I hear about the children begging on the streets. The advice is to just ignore them but how do you do that to a poor child? I figure with a driver I can do what I need to do and head straight into a car. I know I will want to give the kids some pesos but I shouldn't.

106. Re: Private driver and car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: October 28, 2014, 8:05 pm

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,764 posts
2,125 reviews
Save Reply
107. Re: Private driver and car

Another one who doesn't abide by community guidelines they agreed to when joining and tries to get free ads.

BTW you need to earn recommendations from satisfied members.

Tommo

Guam, Mariana...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
108. Re: Private driver and car

Recommendation for driver from manilla to la unuon. I'm getting in late--10pm to manilla

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,764 posts
2,125 reviews
Save Reply
109. Re: Private driver and car

@Tiffany1971

Mentioned several times already in this thread. ..but again please READ Post #86 post# 92. This is a recommended drivers FAQ.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,488 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
110. Re: Private driver and car

Unless you really need to be in La Union by morning I suggest you stay the night in Manila. La Union is 6 hrs. drive away and the road going there is not lit all the way.

Reply to: Private driver and car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted