We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver and car

guam
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Private driver and car

Was in the Philippines due to family emergency. HIred "touristdriver" for over 1 week. Actually this is our second time using him. If you need someone who is punctual, reliable and knowledgeable driver in the Philippines, I highly

recomment him. You can contact him at arnoldvsanchez@yahoo.com.

Thank you arnold

We'll see you again next time.

Mentioned in this post
182 replies to this topic
1. Re: Private driver and car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 08, 2013, 11:21 pm

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,153 posts
2,206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private driver and car

Shogun777

Thanks for providing this feedback. TD has received many compliments on this forum from various members who have used his services and been very happy. He is honest and very reliable.

I have used him for several trips myself so far and have booked him again to take me and pick me up from Batangas enroute to Puerto Galera.

Tommo

Mentioned in this post
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera
Puerto Galera
Mindoro, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,229 posts
2,177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private driver and car

Ta member touristdriver is indeed reliable.

I have used him for a day trip to Hundred Islands (Alaminos City) while he also came with me to the island of Leyte and drove me around for five or so days.

He is trustworthy and competent at both driving and suggesting places to visit. He is also reliable and turns up when he says he will, while he is also security conscious. Perhaps best of all, he doesn't chatter away all day: he knows when to be quiet (particularly if his passengers want to try to nap, hard as that often is in a car as opposed to how I find travelling by most trains comfortable).

I gather that he has now taken travellers to Banaue,Sagada and Baguio (not always both at once) as well as Pangasinan 9for the waterfalls), Alaminos City (Hundred islands), Tagaytay and a few other Luzon island destinations.

Like the OP and subsequent poster, I have no hesitation in recommending him. I believe that he is now quite busy and that tourists are ringing at relatively short notice as his good name gradually spreads.

Edited: December 20, 2012, 6:49 pm
Mentioned in this post
Leyte Island
Leyte Island
Visayas, Philippines
Sagada
Sagada
Luzon, Philippines
Baguio
Baguio
Luzon, Philippines
Pangasinan Province
Pangasinan Province
Luzon, Philippines
Alaminos City
Alaminos City
Luzon, Philippines
Tagaytay
Tagaytay
Luzon, Philippines
Luzon
Luzon
Philippines
4. Re: Private driver and car

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: December 21, 2012, 5:05 am

UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private driver and car

What sort of prices are we looking at for a day?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private driver and car

Contact the driver you are interested in using. Only they can let you know the correct price.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,229 posts
2,177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private driver and car

Raider, as a general guide for a modern car it will be about P2500 to P3000 a day excluding fuel, the driver's meals and any accommodation for him.

In Philippines, meals for drivers can be very cheap while pensiones (the equivalent of an Australian motel) will usually give a cheap 'driver's rate' of as little as P500 a night for a single room.

Hiring a car and driver gives you flexibility; while taxis are sometimes an option, they are not available everywhere; you might also get a taxi driver whose English was passable but whose comprehension or geographical knowledge was lacking.

As mousehunt says, contact the driver of your choice for an exact quote. You will need to specify whether you want a sedan car (i.e. seats for four passengers) or a 4WD (called 'SUV' in the United States), or even a van, the latter having seats for up to 13 if all squeezed in). However vans may be a bit harder to hire with a professional driver.

Edited: December 26, 2012, 4:31 am
Mentioned in this post
Kuching, Sarawak...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private driver and car

i also use him as my tour guide during my first time visit to philippine on September this year..i will not hesitate to use him as well if i do planning for my next philippines trip...he is a good tour guide.i enjoyed travel with him..

his price is reasonable and affordable..like what Mousehunt said, the price you will know once you contact with the tour guide.. ^^

9. Re: Private driver and car

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: June 20, 2013, 7:05 pm

10. Re: Private driver and car

Removed on: June 20, 2013, 7:05 pm

Reply to: Private driver and car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted