We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exit Clearance Certificate

Narra, Philippines
Level Contributor
94 posts
37 reviews
Exit Clearance Certificate

Anyone who has a Temporary Visitors Visa 9A and has been in the Philippines for less than 6 months and has left and then returned in a few weeks could please post their experience with immigration at the airport.

I am reading a lot of conflicting information on social media and was hoping that someone who has the same criterion as listed above could inform TA followers about the process and your personal experience.

Kind regards

2 replies to this topic
Cebu City...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,362 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Exit Clearance Certificate

First of all, it is an Emigration Clearance Certificate.

If you google Emigration Clearance Certificate rather than Exit Clearance Certificate, you should get closer to the correct answers.

Also, there are different requirements for permanent visa holders such as 13a than for visitors on 9a. So you are going to get conflicting replies depending on who is posting their experience

However, the whole point of your question about Emigration Clearance Certificate is moot. For you to need an Emigration Clearance Certificate on departure, as a 9a visa holder, you need to stay continuously in the Philippines for 6 months. Which you are not doing. So you will not need an emigration clearance certificate.

What you do need to know is that when you leave, what ever is left of your visa is lost and when you return 3 weeks later, you will start again with a free 30 day visa waiver. Your ACR-I card will still be good for a year from the initial date of issue. So you will not need another ACR-I card if you need to renew beyond 59 days on your second stay.

Narra, Philippines
Level Contributor
94 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Exit Clearance Certificate

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that was correct but our guest was reading the requirements for an ECC-B on the BOI website and was confused. They mentioned having a valid ACR-I CARD and leaving the country temporarily an ECC-B would be issued at the airport... etc.

The BOI website has some confusing language.

Again, thank you for your reply. I will pass the information along to our guest.

Reply to: Exit Clearance Certificate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manila