We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in T1 or T2

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
308 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in T1 or T2

Hi I wiill be arriving Manila next week at 0525hrs at T1 (via Scoot) and the next flight to Laoag with PAL at 1245hrs.   Will like to seek your advice whether should I proceed to T2 immediately via the shuttle service or should I stay in T1 and proceed to T2 later after 9am?  Any 24hrs cafe or fast food joint where I could spend my time?  Have checked that there is no Priority Pass Lounge landside available.  I only has cabin luggage but prefer not to get out of airport as I am female travelling solo. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Laoag
Laoag
Luzon, Philippines
Spiral
₱₱₱₱, International, Italian, French
Cafe Ilang-Ilang
₱₱₱₱, Italian, Chinese, Japanese
My Kitchen at the Oasis
₱₱ - ₱₱₱, Italian, Pizza, European
4 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in T1 or T2

There is nothing airside at T1 and T2 is not much better so you can spend 6 hours hanging around the outside where there are some cafes then checking in and doing nothing apart from use the free wifi inside the departure area.

One suggestion is book into a 5 star hotel or do what I would do which is go outside and get a taxi to www.hotelsogo.com pasay branch at harrison/edsa , a fifteen minute journey and around 120 pesos then get a room with A/C , shower, double bed and free WiFi for 4 hours at a cost of around 500 pesos then check out at 10.45 and walk 50 metres to EDSA and hail a white meter taxi back to T2.

If no rooms are available get a number and wait your turn,use the WIFI and order some food till one comes free . The branch at Pasay Rotunda is also nearby

Or get a taxi to T3 and use the wings lounge on the 4th floor where you can also have a capsule/room for 6 hours then shuttle back.

Mentioned in this post
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
308 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in T1 or T2

Thanks for your reply. Most probably I will go to T3 Wings Lounge. But just in case if I decided to just wait at T2, the cafe ouside are open 24hrs and air-conditioned?

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in T1 or T2

Hardly worth going to T3 as you cannot avail the free shuttle without an onward ticket from T3. By the time you check out of the airport and time to check in again you will only have 4 hours maximum. Go to T2 and grin and bare it

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
647 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in T1 or T2

its been a long time but there is a cafeteria that employees use, airconditioned as it is located a floor or 2 down using the elevator/lift in the middle of the terminal where pal ticketing office is located.

Reply to: Stay in T1 or T2
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manila