We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checked bags at connecting flight

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Checked bags at connecting flight

Hi, I am flying from Canada to Manila then have a connecting flight to Bangkok from there. I am wondering if I will have to pick up my checked luggage in Manila and go through customs? The ticket is booked as one and both flights are through PAL. I am not wanting to make the connecting flight to Bangkok and stay in Manila, is this possible? I have no further flights associated with this booking, as I'm aware they would be cancelled for missing a leg of my flight. Thanxx

11 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Checked bags at connecting flight

I just went on the Philippine Airlines website and the fare from Vancouver to Manila is identical to the fare to Bangkok.

There is also a " manage booking" facility where you should find out if you can either change your ticket to Manila or have a stopover however when I did a search for a stopover on one leg the fare was about 150 USD more expensive.however an open jaw flight out to Manila then flight back from Bangkok was about 75 USD more expensive.

I hope you are able to change your ticket but there maybe charges to do so.

Reply to: Checked bags at connecting flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted