We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checked bags at connecting flight

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Checked bags at connecting flight

Hi, I am flying from Canada to Manila then have a connecting flight to Bangkok from there. I am wondering if I will have to pick up my checked luggage in Manila and go through customs? The ticket is booked as one and both flights are through PAL. I am not wanting to make the connecting flight to Bangkok and stay in Manila, is this possible? I have no further flights associated with this booking, as I'm aware they would be cancelled for missing a leg of my flight. Thanxx

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
11 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Checked bags at connecting flight

I just went on the Philippine Airlines website and the fare from Vancouver to Manila is identical to the fare to Bangkok.

There is also a " manage booking" facility where you should find out if you can either change your ticket to Manila or have a stopover however when I did a search for a stopover on one leg the fare was about 150 USD more expensive.however an open jaw flight out to Manila then flight back from Bangkok was about 75 USD more expensive.

I hope you are able to change your ticket but there maybe charges to do so.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Reply to: Checked bags at connecting flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted