We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?

Hello everyone.

I will be arriving in Manila through All Nippon Airways and I believe its in terminal 3 of NAIA. Im planning to book through Philippine Airline for my domestic flight which is located in other terminal (T2). Based on my itinerary I will be arriving in NAIA T3 around 1:35pm. I want to book a flight of PAL to Iloilo at 4:50 pm. Its about 3 hours only. Is it enough time to clear myself in immigration and custom, transfer from T3 to T2 and pass the security clearance on my domestic flight? Is the air traffic in NAIA is still bad? Anybody have an idea how long is the line in immigration and custom? How reliable is the shuttle bus of the airport going to the other terminal? Will it be difficult for me to use the shuttle bus if I have 2 big bags and 1 small trolley bag? I really appreciate all the feedback and advise.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,175 posts
2,206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?

How sure are you that your flight will arrive on time?

We generally recommend 4 hours but even that wont be enough if your flight is delayed significantly.

I generally spend overnight and head off the next day..less stressful and you can rest up.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?

A bit tight in my opinion. possible if your flight arrives on time, but i would be more comfortable with a longer break. Are there no flights with Cebu Pacific at T3?

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?

Thank you everyone. I think I will just book a scheduled flight that can give me more time just to be in the safe side. Maybe I will consider Cebu Pacific since it is also in T3, more convenient. After you disembark the plane is 1 hour is enough to clear the custom and immigration?

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
689 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?

I just flew in ANA before Christmas, immigration and customs was very quick, about 30 minutes in . It was a good day.for me.

My suggestion, book with Cebu Pacific if you want to connect with a domestic flight on the same day. Give yourself at least 3 hour allowance to transfer flight on Ceb Pac at T3. NAIA i.s no Haneda nor Narita unfortunately.

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,856 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?

If you arrive between 1:00-2:00pm it is not a busy time at T3 so 1 hour for immigration and baggage claim is very doable. If you just have 3 hours between flights at the same terminal then you can't afford any delay of more than 1 hour.

Reply to: NAIA T3 to T2 transfer. Is 3 hours is enough time?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted