We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels nearby chinatown

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Hotels nearby chinatown

Need recommendation for decent mid range hotels nearby chinatown area. Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
96 reviews
62 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

There are literaly hundreds! What do you consider mid-range? What other requirements do you have? I suggest you do a bit more research and create your own short list and then we may be able to provide pro's and con's of your selections.

Also, why Chinatown? Most people stay around Bukit Bintang or KLCC.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Mornington Peninsula, Penang
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
162 reviews
96 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

Many backpacker establishments around Chinatown. I agree with TN007 most people consider BB or KLCC areas first.

Cheers

Sean

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

Not really into big shopping mall, prefer go hang round & eat locally & visit chinatown, plan to stay max 3 days in KL

Zambia
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
23 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

Thousands of reviews on this site, booking.com and all the other booking sites.

Much better to do some of your own research based on your own budget, then ask for opinions on a couple of places you like the look of.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
34,242 posts
4,244 reviews
4,184 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

Since you are reluctant to tell us what your "mid range" is go here << https://www.agoda.com/en-au/hotels-near-china-town/attractions/kuala-lumpur-my.html?cid=-96 >> and filter according to your affordability.

Check the reviews.

Once you have a short list come back and we can help narrow it down.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
103 reviews
120 helpful votes
6. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

Generally the hotels in the Chinatown area are in the budget range well below RM150 per night. There are several mid-range hotels from RM150-RM300 per night in the Central Market area that are only several hundred metres walking distance to Petaling Street in the heart of Chinatown. These includes Hotel Geo, Pacific Express, and the Cosmo hotel. If staying at these hotels the metro stations at either Pasar Seni or Masjid Jamek are also not far away and will allow you to travel around town for a few ringgits.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
126 reviews
92 helpful votes
7. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

I have stayed at the Geo and Arya hotels, both relatively close to Chinatown, and can recommend them both. Personally I like this area more than Bukit Bintang, especially the area around Masjid Jamek station.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
101 reviews
48 helpful votes
8. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

My mid-range is Hotel Chinatown 2 & Chinatown Boutique Hotel... both are alright...

Low range for me will be the basic rooms of Simms Boutique Hotel further uo Jalan Pudu , very near to Bukit Bintang...

Swiss Inn Chinatown is between mid & high range for me...

But they have some small windowless rooms.. yucks...

Normally if i go higher range , i will stay further up Jalan Pudu @ Swiss Garden Hotel..

Their basic Deluxe rooms are already quite nice...

I often stay at the lobby area of 5 Elements Hotel while waiting for my KKKL Bus that stops outside & i find their staff quite listless & rude...

Hotel Geo is in a very convenient location with Pasar Seni LRT/MRT Station beside it as well as the Bus Hub , besides the shops & eateries nearby...

If Hotel Geo's basic rooms are within yiur budget , i think u can't go wrong with Hotel Geo..

So what is your budget? Everyone's low , mid & high budget os different...

Cheers

Scooby

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
126 reviews
92 helpful votes
9. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

Sorry, in post 7, I meant the Ahyu hotel, not Ayra.

10. Re: Hotels nearby chinatown

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Lumpur
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.