We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flea Markets & Vintage shopping KL

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
38 helpful votes
Flea Markets & Vintage shopping KL
Save

(This will be my last Trip Advisor post - sorry for spamming!)

My boyfriend and I are going to KL for 2 days in August, and want to know of any flea markets/2nd hand markets or vintage shops in Kuala Lumpur we could check out.

We've been to KL before, and visited the Amcorp Mall weekend market which was great, but this time we'll only be there for a Thursday & Friday.

Have also visited the vintage stores listed on most of the google lists (from 2015/2016) but found lots of them were no longer open, or closed when we were there.

We're staying in BB, but happy to travel around for some good shops/markets.

Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
271 reviews
154 helpful votes
1. Re: Flea Markets & Vintage shopping KL
Save

Hi Erin,

This is a difficult one. I guess that's why no one else is responding. In Malaysia, you will never find a garage sale or car boot sale like in other countries. I have lived here 23 years and haven't seen one yet. People are in the habit of throwing things out or giving old stuff away.

So other than Amcorp mall, I have seen antiques in the town of Melaka. It's about two hours away from KL.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
13,514 posts
47 reviews
90 helpful votes
2. Re: Flea Markets & Vintage shopping KL
Save

There is a vintage shop at the basement of Amcorp Mall called Joe's Mac.

Can have a read from the link below as well. Not sure if its up to date.

http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/magazine/5-vintage-shops.htm

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
247 reviews
75 helpful votes
3. Re: Flea Markets & Vintage shopping KL
Save

you could also find old watches, trinkets and memoriblia in central market/ pasar seni but its not in a big scale basis.

4. Re: Flea Markets & Vintage shopping KL

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 21, 2019, 12:19 pm
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Lumpur
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.