We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guinness and Sports Bars

Asia
Level Contributor
28 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Guinness and Sports Bars

I'm looking for Guinness on tap and some kind of sports bar ideally with an air con option. Irish theme pubs with 'authentic' irish pub grub also work. I see Ow Zat listed, and something near to the Tune hotel. Any info? Any other options? I should be staying in the St Giles if that helps. H&J??

Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guinness and Sports Bars

Ive never seen Guinness here. Owzat and Heckle and Jeckyll are both aircon and will suit your purpose.

Edited: December 31, 2017, 7:13 am
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,660 posts
2,079 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guinness and Sports Bars

There is Murphy's Irish Pub Makati which doesn't serve guinness but Mulligans Makati does and has the same owners as Howzsat.

The Red Planet (formerly Tune) has a sports bar downstairs but unsure if it serves Guinness.

Mentioned in this post
Mulligans Makati
Mulligans Makati
27 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Red Planet
Red Planet
36 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
melbourne
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guinness and Sports Bars

I've never looked for Guinness as it's not the right climate, but there is a locally produced dark beer which I have found to be quite palatable - San Miguel Cerveza Negra

Asia
Level Contributor
28 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guinness and Sports Bars

Oh really. I will certainly check it out. A dark San Miguel? I know there are a few craft been places that sell stouts.

Thanks everyone. I will be there in a week and will update. Mulligans will be the first ish port of call.

Reply to: Guinness and Sports Bars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Makati