We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takayama/Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Takayama/Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

Will be going on this route late Apr. Can anyone advise what sort of weather should I be expecting? Will there be any snow?

Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Takayama/Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

We too went on the Alpine Route late April a few years back and it was freezing. There was snow but it was OK. The worst part was the blazing wind. Weather condition was so bad that we couldn’t walk out to the snow corridor as visibility was low due to the wind and snow. We could only catch a glimpse of the snow corridor onboard the Bijodaira-Murodo bus.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
125 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Takayama/Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

the Murodo snow wall starts frm 16-Apr & yes there'll be snow so make sure you bring proper wear because it's very cold & windy. Weather really depends on your luck, just note that if it's rainin then better bring a rain coat coz umbrella is helpless in the wind

singapore
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Takayama/Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

Thank you very much for the replies.

I suppose I need to make sure I have proper footwear to prevent slipping too?

Edited: March 06, 2013, 3:06 pm
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Takayama/Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

Yes indeed – good observation !

5. Re: Takayama/Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 08, 2014, 1:19 pm