We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
390 reviews
386 helpful votes
Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

My oldest son, his 2 grown up sons & 2 mates are in Turkey at the moment.

They flew from a very empty Manchester airport on Monday 20 July 2020, the airport did not have many businesses open. The aircraft to Dalaman was pretty full, the medical / contact forms they had filled in was taken off them on the aircraft, on landing every passenger had their temperature checked, they got through passport control very quickly, transfer to hotel was straight there, with no stops.

They are staying in Icmiller next to Marmaris, both resorts pretty quiet, with still a lot of bars to open, they have found a bar that serves a big English breakfast for 12 T/lira, with a large Efe's costing 15 T/lira, the exchange rate is 8.37 T/lira to £ sterling, so cheap enough.

Everytime they come back to their hotel their temperatures are taken, 2 of the party were showing 39 so they had to sit outside until their temperatures dropped to 36 like the others in the party.

There is no hotel tax being charged, hotel owner told my son it was knocked off to try & get custom back.

Son has whats app me today laid on beach with a Efe's, his lads out on jet ski 's , he said its 43 degree's at the moment.

Jiva Beach Resort
Jiva Beach Resort
#10 of 135 hotels in Fethiye
Alesta Yacht Hotel
Alesta Yacht Hotel
#11 of 135 hotels in Fethiye
Hillside Beach Club
Hillside Beach Club
#18 of 135 hotels in Fethiye
12 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
24,853 posts
150 reviews
186 helpful votes
1. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

Yorkie, Best to put this on the Icmeler Forum as this forum is for Fethiye. I am sure the people who are going to visit Icmeler will be pleased with your information . 🙏

This is the link to the Icmeler Forum.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g609056-i10890-Icmeler_Marmaris_District_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Edited: July 22, 2020, 10:20 pm
swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
390 reviews
386 helpful votes
2. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

What i was doing FJ was giving a insight to what is happening at Manchester / Dalaman airports, plus w hat was perhaps going to be a common thing with hotels not charging hotel tax, & also about what hotels may be doing in doing temperature checks on tourists.

I can post it also on the Icmeler post forum.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
150 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

Thanks Yorkieborn really helpful

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
24,853 posts
150 reviews
186 helpful votes
4. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

Yes, Yorkie, I would post it there if I were you, as I already see people on the Icmeler Forum asking what is happening in the resort, so your post would be very helpful for people who are waiting to visit.

🙏

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
390 reviews
386 helpful votes
5. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

Your wish is my command FJ, I have posted on the Icmeler forum post, I'm wondering what the prices of food & drink in Calis beach & the Fethiye area.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
24,853 posts
150 reviews
186 helpful votes
6. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

One of the Calis bars put on a price list on F.B. I know a bottle of Efes was 18TL. The most expensive beer was Guinness at 27TL. Food prices have gone up a little according to friends, but not a lot.

An English friend has recommended the Zentera 2015 Beach which is at Koca Calis. He has send images and it looks very nice. He said the food is good. Not tried that, but have been further up to the Mavi Beach Restaurant .

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
390 reviews
386 helpful votes
7. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

Will you be going to Calis Beach this year FJ, or are you going to give it a miss.

To buying the card to pay for the Dolmus, where can you buy these, or can I use my contact less card, to which I would use my Santander Zero account card, which I use in the airports, no charges on this card.

We normally go to DP perfumes in Fethiye, so thinking do Tuesday market by dolmus, call at DP perfumes after, have lunch and a few drinks at the Address bar on the harbour, then come back on the water taxi.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
390 reviews
386 helpful votes
8. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

Has you know FJ we normally go to the surf cafe, but went up to Mavi beach to friends last year, We like to call in the Lukka bar on a afternoon, a lot of ex-pats use this bar, a nice place to visit for decent food, drink & service with a friendly smile.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
24,853 posts
150 reviews
186 helpful votes
9. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

HI Yorkie,

We are booked for mid September. So, all being well we will be going. It is possible to use any contactless card on the Dolmus, so you can use yours. If you want a KentKard the Sembol Shop in Calis have them just walk away from the prom up the Main Street to the lights and cross over shop is on the right.

Here is last years list of some places where you can get a Kentkard

https://www.mugla.bel.tr/sayfa/fethiye2

I have been to the Lukka Bar, I know many Brits who use. It has the reputation of the cheapest Efes in Calis.

Not sure if you know but Nicola and Dohan who used to have the Mozaik Bahce in Fethiye now have a restaurant in Calis Beach. It is on the Prom next to Georges. It is called the Motif. They do all the same food they did in the Bahce.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
390 reviews
386 helpful votes
10. Re: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Save

Thanks for the info FJ

Last year we has a party of 6 were in the Lukka bar in the afternoon, a ex-pat came in, he said he had come from the hospital, where his wife was after falling & breaking her hip, what made us laugh was that the surgeon told him that the old hip part that to taken out, he could have it, so ex-pat was on about having it mounted.

No I did not know Nicola & Dohan were in Calis Beach, if you remember I booked the Mozaik Bahce for the members trip advisor meet up for a few years, where we met up had a drink & a meal, in fact I asked trip advisor for some goodies for the members, which they sent, Fethiye Fraser kindly had the goodies delivered to his home in Fethiye.

Reply to: Manchester / Dalaman Airports & the Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.