We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Lamp Price help

Bahrain
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Turkish Lamp Price help
Save

Hi

I am in cappadocia now and have seen a Mosaic Chandelier 7 Globe Hanging Lamp lamp between 170 to 220tl. Is it cheaper here in cappadocia or the same prices in Istanbul or fethiye? I am flying tomorrow night to Istanbul and later to fethiye so I would need to know if it's cheaper here or there. Thanks.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
24,896 posts
150 reviews
186 helpful votes
1. Re: Turkish Lamp Price help
Save

We have been told by shop owners in Istanbul that Fethiye is cheaper to buy in the shops. Also, there are different qualities in these lamps.

We have found the best quality for lamps and the best service from a family run company for 22 years, with the best packing for travelling is in Hisaronu, Anadolu el Santlari. Lovely brother and sister owners, who give great deals on lamps. We have bought all the bedside lamps a few ceiling lamps from this shop, we have bought many more things, such as table clothes, table centres, ornaments, vases, and nothing is to much trouble for them.

This is the link to this shop which has a Trip Advisor Certificate.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g298031-d10350118-Reviews-Anadolu_el_Sanatlari-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
24,896 posts
150 reviews
186 helpful votes
2. Re: Turkish Lamp Price help
Save

I would also say we found the shops in Istanbul and in the Grand Bazzar expensive compared to Fethiye. Possible because Istanbul gets so many visitors and can afford to put prices up. Personally, I could not wait to get out of the Grand Bazzar it was nothing but hassle and gave me a headache. I would neve return to it. However, interesting to see it and glad I did.

Bahrain
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Turkish Lamp Price help
Save

Thanks for your review FJ. Any idea how much would a 7 or 9 mosaic lamp cost. Here in cappadocia it's around 170-200 tl. Will it be similar there?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
29 reviews
110 helpful votes
4. Re: Turkish Lamp Price help
Save

That seems a pretty fair price to me. We have several of the larger single lamp ones and I know the biggest cost us over 50 lira without any electrical wires etc a few years ago.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
24,896 posts
150 reviews
186 helpful votes
5. Re: Turkish Lamp Price help
Save

Sorry, cannot remember what we paid, as we have bought so much from this shop and trust them to give us a better price than anywhere else. I seem to remember one huge ceiling lamp we bought was 220TL but they reduced it to 160TL. They also gave us the choice of a free gift in the shop. Is it not be best to buy the lamp in the last place you are visiting rather than have to carry it from Cappadocia on to Istanbul and then Fethiye?

6. Re: Turkish Lamp Price help

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 10, 2018, 1:17 pm
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.