We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow places in uttarkhand

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Snow places in uttarkhand

We a group of 12 members (8 seniors and 4 childrens) planning a trip to uttarkhand. Please suggest me the places full of snow in uttarkhand in the month of November or December.

7 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow places in uttarkhand

Might get snow in Munsiyari and Auli in December end or early January. Although this is a highly unpredictable matter. .

Edited: June 13, 2018, 1:23 pm
Mentioned in this post
Munsiyari
Munsiyari
Pithoragarh District, India
Auli
Auli
99 Reviews
Chamoli, India
Dehradun, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow places in uttarkhand

Hello there, please have a look at Namik Glacier and Roopkund, both being popular choices for trekking in the snow. for more information log on to http://uttarakhandtourism.gov.in/

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow places in uttarkhand

Hello Natraj,

There are many locations in Uttarakhand where you can experience snow if the weather is favourable for snow at that time, Offcourse you should look for time after mid of december to get more possibility of snow.

I have traveled various places in Uttarakhand and work with village communities in villages.

If you and your group members are true nature lover and also want to experience very genuine l, authentic mountain village experience with amazing nature around,

then i can suggest one region where we village communities will have pleasure to host the explorers.

These villages are part of Govind National Park which is an himalayan park andd actually covers miles of mountain range of himalaya in uttarakhand,

Some villages i will mention here those come under this park are Kotgaon, Datmir,soud, Talukam Gangd, Osla and famous top here to trek is Har ki doon and kedarkantha but to reach these two, one has to trek.

There are nice homestays in Soud village which is just next to sankri for such amazing experience of staying in himalaya, one of it is Himalayan homestay uttarakhand which has very good reviews and then other is Dev's himalayan house and so on.

While staying here one can have 30 mins downhill walk to see beautiful views of river flows in valley here that carry very refreshing and pure water of glacier. Then one can have uphill climb from homestay for appro 2.5 - 3 hrs to reach one area with very scenic views named Juda Ka Talab.

This region is full of experience and one can have very beautiful memories for long time.

you can reply me for any further question or query.

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow places in uttarkhand

Visit Auli for the snow........................

Mentioned in this post
Auli
Auli
99 Reviews
Chamoli, India
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snow places in uttarkhand

I Have no idea of these places, I am travelling with my family (with 2 kids of age 1 and 6) will it safe for me to visit those places along with them. Can You craft a plan for me for there with days from delhi. I am a complete budget traveller. Now we are planning as a group (3 familes and 5 childrens). Also let me know the contacts if possible, we dont know Hindi, I would be better with english.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snow places in uttarkhand

Hi Sachin,

I Have no idea of these places, I am travelling with my family (with 2 kids of age 1 and 6) will it safe for me to visit those places along with them. Can You craft a plan for me for there with days from delhi. I am a complete budget traveller. Now we are planning as a group (3 familes and 5 childrens). Also let me know the contacts if possible, we dont know Hindi, I would be better with english.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snow places in uttarkhand

Generally, Auli gets snow in Jan-Feb.

Edited: June 16, 2018, 1:08 pm
Mentioned in this post
Auli
Auli
99 Reviews
Chamoli, India