We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra 1 day visit

9 posts
Save Topic
Agra 1 day visit

My family will be visiting Agra on a 1 day trip on July 12. Can someone suggest the best use of available time and a suggested itinerary? Is it better to go with a tour operator who charges about 1100 per head or should I explore the train option and try to plan the trip on my own? My priorities of course are visiting Taj and Agra fort. Can I cover Fatehpur Sikri on the same day? If yes, what's the best option to travel to Fatehpur sikri? If I drop Fatehpur Sikri, what are the other options available?

Please also let me know some breakfast options near Taj.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,099 Reviews
Agra, India
Good Vibes Cafe
₱, Indian, Cafe, Asian
MoMo Cafe
₱₱ - ₱₱₱, Indian, International, Asian
Tea'se Me
₱₱ - ₱₱₱, Italian, Mexican, Indian
2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
309 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra 1 day visit

Hi. Anand

Welcome to TA forum.

Of course you can visit Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehur Sikri On Same Day Trip.

You may start your tour early morning like 5 Am through private car or any vehicle, will take maximum 4 hours to arrive at Agra.then have breakfast in any hotel.

Taj Mahal will take maximum 3 hours to visit.

Then visit nearby Agra Fort, will take maximum 2 hours to visit then have lunch or drive to Fatehpur Sikri one hour drive, Fatehpur Sikri will take maximum 2 hours to visit then 1 hour drive back to Agra or drive directly to Delhi around 9 pm will be at your hotel. It was with maximum timings.

Secondly visit Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Itimad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj) to avoid running tour..

No problem there are many hotels and restaurants to have breakfast nearby Taj Mahal.

Regards

M_OEHAGRA

Edited: June 12, 2018, 2:10 am
Mentioned in this post
Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal
26,704 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
10,099 Reviews
Agra, India
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra 1 day visit

Thank you for your reply. We plan to arrive at Agra around 10 am, due to previous day travel.

Is it still feasible to visit all 3? also what would be the cost to visit Fatepur sikri by car / bus?

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Reply to: Agra 1 day visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agra
;