We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Siem Reap pre cruise

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
519 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in Siem Reap pre cruise

Hello, me and my husband are going to be going on Ama Waterways Mekong cruise next month. I have 2 nights in Siem Reap before boarding the ship. Here are my plans so far. Is there anything else i can squeeze in? I have a few free hours in the afternoon of April 21st after we land and before dinner. Should we just walk around and check out of some of the cafes? I know this is really fast but we are young ( 29 and 32) so we hope to be back when we have more time.

Le Meridien wants $15 for airport to hotel transfer. i know thats double what we could do on arrival, but part of me wants to just have the hotel do it so its taken care of. should i just have the hotel do it? $15 still seems really low for the convenience haha

thanks in advance!!

April 21st:

1030am arrival, transfer to Le Meridien

6pm dinner reservations at Haven

8pm tickets to Phare circus

April 22nd

5am pick up for Full Day private Angkor Wat tour

6pm dinner reservations at Marum

8pm cocktail class at Asana

10pm explore pub st/night markets

April 23rd

7am pick up from Le Meridien to transfer to Sofitel to meet up with Ama Waterways for transfer to the ship.

1 reply
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Siem Reap pre cruise

Hi Rachel,

Looks like a busy couple days. Here are some thoughts:

Have lunch at Pou Restaurant, next to Wat Damnak. Locally owned/operated by a young, yet award winning Cambodian chef. Creative Khmer cuisine.

After lunch, walk through Wat Damnak to see some happenings at an active pagoda.

Just on the other side of Wat Damnak is the Made in Cambodia market at King's Road. Have a look around at locally made crafts by local artisans. A lot of the stuff you see in Old Market or the Night Markets is imported. Buying locally made crafts is a much better help to Cambodians.

You might also consider going around the "Kandal Village" area, a healthy walk from Made in Cambodia Market. There are several small, cool coffee shops like Little Red Fox and others, restaurants, funky boutiques (Trunkh) and art galleries /art cafes (Village Cafe).

If all that sounds tiring, maybe a spa day at Samathi Spa or Sokkhak Spa, the two best in town.

Enjoy Siem Reap!

Reply to: 2 nights in Siem Reap pre cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap