We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency

Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency

If you want to know if your country's standard plug will fit in Cambodian sockets then go here :)

https://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/cambodia/

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency

Hello James B

This is no longer the problem it used to be because these days most hotels and guesthouses have installed at least one international multi-fit power outlet in each room - often to be found in the bathroom. In addition to which most reception desks keep available for guests adaptor plugs to suit appliances from most nations.

Voltage in Cambodia in nominally 220 Volts Alternating Current at 50 Hz.

Fortunately, most charging devices adjust automatically to the input current but if you have any older devices which are switchable, please switch to 220 volts whilst in Cambodia.

If bringing multiple chargeable devices with you please consider bringing a mini-power board with you although I note of lats some hotels are now placing power boards in rooms too.

I hope this helps?

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Phnom Penh

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency

Thanks Angkorlad :) I just purchased a 4 port USB adapter that I'm sure will come in handy for charging my devices.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,517 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency

Another thing to be aware of is the use of the key tag to activate the power. When you leave your room and remove the tag all power (except probably the fridge) is shut off so don't expect to come home from dinner and have your laptop and camera batteries all charged up. Do it at night when you are in the room.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency

Hello again James B

Yes, a four port USB adaptor should do the job nicely and far more compact than a mini-powerboard.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Phnom Penh

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency

Hi I have been on the website link provided in the original post and it states that there are 3 types of plug socket in use in Cambodia. 2 pin round, 2 pin flat and 3 pin UK type. I am from the UK and have travel adaptors for the other 2 types but don't really want to take all of them. Which is the type most broadly used please?

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Plug Sockets & Appliance Voltage & Frequency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap