We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk tuk prices

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tuk tuk prices

What is the current rates for tuk tuk in Siem Reap? We don't want to get ripped of, but also don't want to bargain unreasonable.

What does a full day mean? Is it from early morning to evening, including some hours break midday, or is it just in one stretch from morning to afternoon etc?

We are thinking to use the tuk tuk from early morning (sunrise most days) and leave home for lunch. Most days I think that will be it for the day, so what would a price be for those approx 6 hours?

And how much is it for a full day if we continue in the evening?

I get that it is different prices according to distance, so would be great if you can offer some examples.

Thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
95 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuk tuk prices

Hi Charlotte, just got back from Siem Reap and did the temple tour. The hotel recommended tuk tuk are more expensive due to Tuk Tuk having to pay commission to hotel. We were quoted 26$ for small circle and 38$ for all day. We were lucky to find a Tuk Tuk driver on the street who we ended up booking for 2 days. The first day he spent all day with us 0450 to 1800 for 30$ but coz he worked so hard we happily gave him 40$ - it was a 13 hour day He would do a flexible package for you and knows all the back roads so you don't get stuck in traffic. Also English is fab and he is passionate about the history's

The temples are a bit out of town taking 40mins to get there. For this reason it's not all that practical to go home for lunch as it would be nearly one and half hour round trip to go back. We did all we wanted in one day. If you wanted to book the Tuk Tuk over a few days you could negotiate maybe 18 - 20$ For 6 hours would be a fair price for you and him

Edited: February 01, 2017, 4:27 am
Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuk tuk prices

Do you have contact info that you can post please?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuk tuk prices

Yes I do Kenny. If you have Facebook and type in Tuk Tuk Sarak he should come up. His phone number is on there he hasn't got a smart phone so only sporadically checks FB for messages. However if you make an arrangement with him he won't let you down?

My husband and I were really humbled by meeting him and he showed us the real Cambodia. His Tuk Tuk is by no means the smartest, but he is knows the area like the back of his hand. Knows which temples have shade at midday and never having to wait in the horrendous queues was worth more than double he charges to us

Mentioned in this post
Tuk Tuk Sarak
Tuk Tuk Sarak
114 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuk tuk prices

Yes this is him on trip advisor

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuk tuk prices

Thanks a lot. We just booked a driver yesterday we got recommended, but I appreciate getting ideas of the prices before meeting and agreeing something with him 😊

6. Re: Tuk tuk prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 31, 2017, 11:30 pm

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuk tuk prices

Normally one day tuktuk charge means .it is for 6 to 8 hours; and the fair charge is $15 per day. If you engage him from early morning till evening then you need to pay double. If you need to relax in between your day's tour, you shall always talk to your tuktuk driver and plan as per your wish. during my visit, the driver was very obliging. We didn't have any problem.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
4,700 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuk tuk prices

I agree $15 for up to 8 hours, but of course if your tuktuk driver speaks good English and can tell you about the temples, show you good restaurants he will be worth a few dollars more.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuk tuk prices

$15 from Seim Reap to ankgor way return is the going rate always get the drivers mobile phone number ,registered plate and number on the back of his jacket .

Don't book through a hotel ,ask the many Tuk Tuk owners .

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tuk tuk prices

Hey my Tuk Tuk guide has recently got into photography and takes visitors off the beaten track to temples less known but equally special, for amazing pictures,! he will give you a history lesson on each one and it is an amazing experience!!!! He also does the tourist ones but knows all the back routes so you don't queue

Read the reviews before you book elsewhere and book in advance as he is very popular!

PM for details as can't post on here as against the rules

Have fun in all you do it's an amazing country

Reply to: Tuk tuk prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap