We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

We're flying into Zadar and staying for 12 nights, with intentions to stay in Novalja for 6 of them as there's a festival on. We don't want to waste the holiday just partying, we want to explore the beautiful country with options of going out to good bars/clubs.

Where's the best place to stay for young people that isn't too far from Zadar or Pag Island? Or is Zadar itself just worth staying in? We would like to go hiking, maybe visit a vineyard, do water sports, scuba diving, visit nice local restaurants, visit some of the national parks etc..

Any information like best hotels/areas to stay in and places to visit for markets/shopping/culture/old towns/local bars/restaurants would be greatly appreciated!

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

My advice is National park Paklenica near Starigrad, rafting on Zrmanja river, scuba diving on Kornati islands and Plitvice lakes.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

Thank u! Would you recommend to stay in zadar?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Dalmatia, Brac Island, Korcula Island
Level Contributor
101,476 posts
86 reviews
40 helpful votes
3. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

Zadar is a nice place to stay.....go for it!

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
4. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

Zadar is best place to stay,there are buses if you want to visit pag or novalja.National parks are easy reached from zadar also you can go island hiking,ferry departs every hour from zadar city center.

Edited: 7 years ago
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

Excellent! Thank u :)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

Okay so I've just read 1 person saying that Zadar is quite a sleepy town with not very many bars/clubs. I know this is just one person but it's got me thinking would 'Split' be of a better option? Or should I not be put off by one taveller?

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
7. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people
Save

Split is not much different than zadar if u want party,for me Zadar is better becouse all bars are close to eachother.If u realy want to party go to novalja

8. Re: Zadar or beyond.. Best places for young people

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 29, 2015, 2:18 pm
Get answers to your questions about Zadar
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.