We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Salvador

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
200 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
El Salvador

Hi Good Folks of TA, Just a quick question for you!

IT seems I will have 5 days at the end of a 8 week trip this summer in El Salvador!

It just works out better & cheaper to fly home from there!

It will be the end of August whilst Im there, so just looking for some information!, I will be getting a bus from Guatemala and will have 5 full days, ideally I would be looking at some beach time and to relax, I will be all Historical Sited out as previously I will be spending time at Machu Picchu, Teotihuacan & Tikal, so would just love to relax and soak up some sun for 5 days! I will be arriving in San Salvador, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Col

Mentioned in this post
El Salvador
El Salvador
Central America
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
San Salvador
San Salvador
San Salvador Department, El Salvador
2 replies to this topic
Yukon
Level Contributor
285 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Salvador

Sound like you’d enjoy El Tunco. It’s not a white sand kind of beach, but it’s a pretty black sand beach. Great surf with some swimmable areas. Lots of options for lodging and eating, plus activities/tours if you get bored of hanging out in a hammock! Also easy access to and from the airport. It’s a fun, safe little town.

Mentioned in this post
El Tunco
El Tunco
223 Reviews
La Libertad, El Salvador
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Salvador

You are going to love El Salvador, There are different beaches you can visit during your stay, I would recommend El Tunco Beach, which is one of the most popular beach towns in Central America, chill vibe, locals are very friendly, a lot of places to eat, ATMS, beautiful hotels.

Here is a list of top places to visit during your stay in El Salvador (Our country is well known as the short distance country so it'll very easy to make different tours from El Tunco)

- Tamanique Waterfalls, just 30 minutes away from El Tunco

- El Zonte beach, nice beach to go and relax for a day

-Ruta de Las Flores - The Flower's Route: colonial towns, waterfalls, coffee tour plantations, zip line canopy, horseback riding, etc

- Santa Ana Volcano, an active volcano.

- Coatepeque Lake

- San Salvador, there is a free walking tour run by ec tours, very recommended.

- Cadejo Brewery, a Salvadoran crafted beer

- Suchitoto: a colonial town with a lot of cultures and with a lake 5 minutes walk

Get ready for El Salvador, this country is the unexpected experience for thrill seekers!

Mentioned in this post
El Salvador
El Salvador
Central America
El Tunco
El Tunco
223 Reviews
La Libertad, El Salvador
El Zonte
El Zonte
La Libertad Department, El Salvador
Las Flores Resort