We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

We had an extremely unsatisfactory hotel experience at the Lesic Dimitri Hotel on the island of Korcula in Croatia. we booked this very expensive hotel online through Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The problem with our room was so bad that we had to leave the hotel early and find different accommodations. However, when we contacted the website to help us, they accepted the inaccurate explanation offered by the hotel and did not stand behind us. This was the first time that we used the Mr. and Mrs. Smith website to book a hotel and it will certainly be the last.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,039 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

Never have heard of mr and mrs smith...where are they based?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
12,457 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It shows that it is always best to stick to well known booking agencies.

For benefit of other travellers, can you elaborate on the problems?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

I believe they are based in the United Kingdom but they book hotels all over the world.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

My understanding from friends in the UK is that Mr. and Mrs. Smith is a reputable website. When I booked the hotel, which was 6 months before my scheduled arrival, the website rep told me that I had to reserve my stay with a one-night deposit, and that the balance wouldn't be charged to my credit card until one month before my arrival, when I could no longer cancel the reservation and get a refund. However, the website charged my credit card in full about one week after I booked the reservation. Given the amount of money involved, I was extremely unhappy with having to pay in full so far in advance given that the rep had told me otherwise. The bigger issue was the website's lack of real responsiveness when my husband and I had a significant enough problem with our room that we left before the end of our scheduled stay. We provided a detailed complaint to the website rep who in turn contacted the hotel to get its side of the story. The rep then emailed me with the resolution of our complaint - that the website could not help us obtain a partial refund - based on the completely inaccurate statement (presumably given by the hotel) of events which she relayed to me in her email. I then responded to the website rep's email and corrected the inaccuracies in her account. However, neither the rep nor her supervisor (whom she had copied on her original email to me, and whom I copied with my response to the hotel's version of events) have responded to my email challenging the version of events given by the hotel. The website did a perfunctory investigation and accepted the hotel's fabricated story, notwithstanding my detailed response to that story and the fact that I am the website's client. My conclusion from this experience is that I will book my subsequent hotel stays through a travel agent who represents me and is willing to work on my behalf.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
12,457 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

Just out of curiosity, I tried this website. It seems that the property you stayed at, is the only property in Croatia they have on their books.

As you found out on the Aussie forum, they have less than 1000 world wide. I don't know how they can be reputable with so few properties on their books.

I would stay away from any agency with such a small number of properties.

I like booking.com, for a number of reasons. I had an issue with a establishment in Canada last year. They just wouldn't budge on the refund. I rang booking.com office in UK and it was sorted out in 10 minutes.

It is a terrible experience, but I am afraid that you will just have to write it to bad experience.

Edited: July 15, 2015, 1:46 pm
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

Involve your credit card company right away if possible. It appears they broke an oral contract re payment. This should interest your CC.Where can I get a look at your problem in the hotel?

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

Mr and Mrs Smith are a well-known company in the UK. I haven't used them, as I hire cottages rather than stay in hotels, but I know lots of people that have used them and been pleased with their service. I have heard no bad reports about them. Some Inknow have had issues with booking.com, so it's pot luck. Just because a company only has less than 1,000 properties doesn't necessarily make them bad!

I agree with the last posting, contact your credit card company.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
12,457 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

"Just because a company only has less than 1,000 properties doesn't necessarily make them bad" Totally agree with this statement. If you are referring to my statement, I said that I wouldn't use them, not because I think they are bad, but because I wouldn't know if they are good or bad. Not enough information available to me to make an informed decision. They may be well known in the UK and they might have a good reputation there, but I never even heard of them until today. In Croatia they seem to have 1 property on their books. They will need a lot more before they can establish a reputation there.

BTW, there was a post on an Aussie forum as well saying that they used them once and would never use them again.

I am also sure that some people have had bad experiences with booking.com. I have been using them for a number of years and never had a bad experience.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

I totally agree with @IBJ, I am not surprised they only have two Croatian Hotel if you look at their very "niche" portfolio.The rates for these hotels start at £346 per night.

Risa A, this site is governed in the uk by some pretty good laws about web page misrepresentation, if you feel that is the case contact Globals local Trading standards office. But first try to get your CC to "dispute" the payment.

10. Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith travel site - beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 17, 2016, 12:16 pm